This document describes the configuration of Hlog softkey on Cisco IP Phones. Hlog softkey enables users to log in and out of the hunt groups in Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM).
Contributed by Sagar Wani, Cisco TAC Engineer.
Cisco recommends that you have a basic knowledge of these topics:
Call Routing on CUCM
CUCM Hunt Groups
IP Phones configuration on CUCM
The information in this document is based on this software version:
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 11.5
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
Regardless of the phone status, the phone rings normally for incoming calls that are not calls to the line group(s) that are associated to the phone.
The phone provides a visual status of the log in state, so the user can determine by looking at the phone whether they are logged in to their line group(s) or not.
System administrators can configure phones to be automatically logged into hunt groups by using the Logged Into Hunt Group check box on the Phone Configuration window in CUCM Administration. By default, this check box is checked for all phones.
Log Out of Hunt Groups has the following limitations for phones that run Session Initiation Protocol (SIP):
• When phone models (7906, 7911, 7941, 7961, 7970, and 7971) are logged into hunt groups, and Call Forward All is activated, the call gets presented to the phone.
• When 7940 and 7960 phones are logged into hunt groups, and Call Forward All is activated, the phone is skipped and the next phone in the line group rings.
• 7940,7960 phones and third-party phones can be logged into/out of hunt groups by using the Phone Configuration window, but no softkey support exists.
• 7940, 7960 phones and third-party phones don't show "Logged out of hunt groups" on the status line.
• 7940, 7960 phones and third-party phones don't play the hunt group logoff notification tone regardless of whether the tone is configured.
Enhancements in Cisco Unified Communications Manager 11.5 onwards
From CUCM version 11.5 onwards, the CTI application has the ability to query and update the Hunt log in status.
New API's have been designed to get and set the value of hunt log in from TSP and JTAPI.
Methods getHuntLogStatus() and setHuntLogStatus() must be invoked by the application to set and verify the status.
Step 1. Configure the Phone Button Template.
Log in to the Cisco Unified Administration page and navigate to Device -> Device Settings -> Phone Button Template.
Select the appropriate phone model and then copy the template to create your own one with any name. Once you are on the Phone Button Template Configuration page, select Hunt Group Logout on the dropdown menu of the button feature column and put a customer label accordingly.
Step 2. Select the Phone Button Template on phone device configuration page.
Navigate to Device -> Phone, access the IP phone and select the appropriate Phone Button Template.
Step 3. Apply Configuration.
Press the Reset button for the changes to take effect.
You can verify the status from the IP Phone page by looking for the "Hunt Group" Label on the phone screen which comes by default.