PDF(29.4 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
ePub(70.7 KB) View in various apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony Reader, or Windows Phone
Mobi (Kindle)(97.9 KB) View on Kindle device or Kindle app on multiple devices
Updated:December 11, 2018
Configuration of Port Settings on the SPA122
The administrator can configure the enabled flow control and the duplex speed through the port setting feature. Enabled flow control can be used if a computer or other device transmits data too fast for the end station to accept it. This feature halts the transmission for a specific period of time, which allows the end station to catch up and accept the data. Speed duplex determines the communication channel used between devices.
The objective of this document is to configure port settings on the SPA122.
Port Settings Configuration
Step 1. Log in to the web configuration utility and choose Network Setup > Advanced Settings > Port Setting. ThePort Setting page opens:
Step 2. Click the Enabled radio button to enable flow control on the device.
Step 3. Choose the desired duplex speed option from the Speed Duplex drop-down list.
• Auto-negotiate — Auto-negotiation is an optional function that enables devices to automatically exchange information over a link about speed and duplex abilities.
• 10 Half — Allows communication both ways but only one at a time. They cannot simultaneously communicate. The speed of information exchange is 10 Mbps.
• 10 Full — Allows communication both ways and can communicate simultaneously. The speed of information exchange is10Mbps. 10 Full is faster than 10 half.
• 100 Half — Allows communication both ways but only one at a time. They cannot simultaneously communicate. The speed of information exchange is 100Mbps.
• 100 Full — Allows communication both ways and can communicate simultaneously. The speed of information exchange is 100Mbps. 100 full is faster than 100 half.
Note: The default option is Auto-negotiate, which is recommended and chooses the appropriate mode for the traffic. Use caution with other settings. Problems can result if you choose a setting that is not appropriate for the network devices.
Step 4. Click Submit. The changes are configured and the device is updated.