Already a Partner?
Find a Cisco Partner
Meet our Partners
Become a Cisco Partner
Have an account?
Need an account?
The document provides steps for how-to download logs from the Graphical User Interface (GUI) of your Email Security Appliance (ESA).
A user account with Administrator or Cloud Administrator permissions.
1. Log into the GUI of your ESA and navigate to System Administration > Log Subscriptions.
2. Note the URL seen in your browser (e.g. https://dhXXXX-esa1.iphmx.com/cluster/system_administration/log_subscriptions)
3. Next, you will need to review the Log Settings column and find a log that you wish to download. For our example, we will use mail_logs.
4. Take the URL from step two and make the following modifications:
a. Remove /log_subscriptions
b. Append /log_list?log_type=<logname> to the end of the URL, where <logname> is replaced with what is shown under the Log Settings
c. Replace dhXXXX-esa1.iphmx.com with the FQDN of your ESA
Note: Still using mail_logs as our example, https://dhXXXX-esa1.iphmx.com/cluster/system_administration/log_subscriptions becomes https://dhXXXX-esa1.iphmx.com/cluster/system_administration/log_list?log_type=mail_logs.
5. Finally, navigate to the modified URL and log in. You should come to a page similar to below where you can then click on a file, download, and save it.