THIS FIELD NOTICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND DOES NOT IMPLY ANY KIND OF GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THE FIELD NOTICE OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THE FIELD NOTICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. CISCO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS FIELD NOTICE AT ANY TIME.
Migration to new field notice system
|Affected Product ID
||Sx90 models leak Wired Memory|
Some Cisco Web Security Appliances (WSAs) might experience a Wired Memory leak and eventually become unreachable.
As a result of a Wired Memory leak, the WSA Sx90 series of security appliances might not respond and require a physical reboot.
WSAs affected by the Wired Memory leak issue experience slow responses due to a shortage of memory resources. In addition, the AsyncOS might terminate processes due to the memory shortage and this might result in network connectivity outages.
Upgrade your Cisco Web Security Appliance to AsyncOS version 9.1.2-022 or 10.1.1-230 or later.
If your Cisco WSA is Common Criteria/FIPS certified, upgrade to AsyncOS version 10.5.0-358 or later.
Affected WSAs must be rebooted until the software upgrade is performed.
The software upgrade can be performed with the CLI or GUI of the WSA.
1. Enter the upgrade command.
2. Choose an option for DOWNLOADINSTALL or DOWNLOAD.
3. Choose the appropriate number associated to the upgrade version desired.
4. Complete the needed questions in order to save the current configuration.
5. Perform the reboot in order to complete the software upgrade.
1. Choose System Administration > System Upgrade.
2. Choose Upgrade Options.
3. Choose an option for DOWNLOADINSTALL or DOWNLOAD.
4. Choose and highlight the upgrade version desired.
5. Choose the appropriate options for Upgrade Preparation.
6. Choose Proceed in order to begin the upgrade. The progress bar displays the upgrade status.
7. When prompted, perform the reboot in order to complete the software upgrade.
Refer to the upgrading AsyncOS section of the corresponding User Guides for additional information.
For More Information
If you require further assistance, or if you have any further questions regarding this field notice, please contact the Cisco Systems Technical Assistance Center (TAC) by one of the following methods:
Receive Email Notification For New Field Notices
Cisco Notification Service—Set up a profile to receive email updates about reliability, safety, network security, and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify.