At the time of publication, this vulnerability affected Cisco devices if all of the following were true:
- The device was running a Cisco ASA Software release earlier than Release 18.104.22.168, earlier than Release 22.214.171.124, or earlier than Release 9.18.2.
- The device was configured with a Cisco ASDM release earlier than Release 126.96.36.199.
- The Cisco ASDM image was using a Cisco ASDM-IDM Launcher release earlier than Release 1.9(5).
- The device was configured for HTTPS management access.
For information about which Cisco software releases were vulnerable at the time of publication, see the Fixed Software section of this advisory. See the Details section in the bug ID(s) at the top of this advisory for the most complete and current information.
Determine the HTTPS Management Access Configuration
To identify the status of HTTPS management access, use the show running-config http CLI command. The following example shows the output of the show running-config http command on a device that has HTTPS management access enabled on the inside interface:
asa# show running-config http
http server enable
http 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 inside
The HTTPS management access is disabled if one of the following is true:
- The line starting with http server enable is missing.
- The output of the show running-config http command does not include an HTTP access control list (ACL) that is associated with an interface.
If the output does include an HTTP ACL, the exact value of the ACL does not affect the vulnerability status of the device. However, potential targets are limited to users who connect to the HTTPS management server of the device from an IP address that is permitted by the HTTP ACL.
If the line starting with http server enable does not include a port, as in the example above, the default port 443 is used. The exact port value does not affect the vulnerability status of the device.
Determine the ASDM Image Configuration
To determine the configured ASDM image, use the show running-config asdm | include image CLI command. The following example shows the output of the show running-config asdm | include image command on a device that is configured to use the ASDM image named asdm-7181.bin on the disk0: filesystem:
asa# show running-config asdm | include image
asdm image disk0:/asdm-7181.bin
Empty output of this command indicates that no ASDM image is configured.
Only products listed in the Vulnerable Products section of this advisory are known to be affected by this vulnerability.
Cisco has confirmed that this vulnerability does not affect the following Cisco products:
- Firepower Management Center (FMC) Software
- Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) Software
- Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) Software