Cisco® Ultra M allows an operator to virtualize the entire suite of Cisco’s mobility product line as a single Virtual Network Function (VNF) node.
Ultra M is a turnkey virtual solution that consists of Cisco mobility software, Cisco general-purpose compute hardware, and various OpenStack components that support the ability to orchestrate and manage the VNF as a core network element.
Features and benefits
Ultra M is for mobile network operators who:
● Want to move incrementally toward Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
● Would like to start with Cisco’s Virtual Packet Core Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs)
● Want to avoid the complexity of integrating Cisco NFV Infrastructure (NFVI), Cisco Virtualized Infrastructure Manager (VIM), and packet core VNFs independently
● Prefer a simple support model
Key Cisco differentiators
● Common mobility software across various general-purpose compute to enable operations efficiency
● Fully functional NFV with the full-feature, rich mobility suite
● Radio-agnostic platform with worldwide deployments in a multivendor Radio Access Network (RAN) environment
● Resiliency with both software and hardware redundancy
● Seamless 5G migration with Node Selection and Load Balancing (NSLB), Control and User Plane Separation (CUPS), and hybrid CUPS alignment with 3GPP Rel. 14
Cisco UCS® B-Series Blade Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers.
Subscription and Perpetual licenses are available.
● 4 UCS C240 M5 Rack Servers (Cisco VIM-specific)
● Two fully loaded UCS-B blade servers with an associated switch
● Mercury OpenStack
● ESC VNFM
● All the supported gateway types as of release N4.5 and higher (SAEGW, MME, etc.)
● Cisco VIM (RedHat-based) on fixed hardware
● Cisco VNF management tools
● Consolidated software support (single Cisco BU)
● Validated deployment design and guide
VPC sizing requirement of up to 1.8 million sessions based on our standard call model.
Cisco and partner services
Services from Cisco and our partners help you get the most value from your Cisco UPC solution, both quickly and cost-effectively. In addition, we can help you:
● Solidify your vision
● Create a strategy
● Develop a roadmap
● Build a scalable design
● Migrate smoothly
● Simplify your architecture and operations
● Strengthen your team by sharing what we know
Cisco Services delivers award-winning services with a history of market-changing innovation. We provide software-enabled smart services built through more than 28 years of industry leadership. In addition, Cisco Services is globally recognized for expertise in engineering IP next-generation network solutions and managing large system and network integration projects.
Learn more: https://www.cisco.com/go/spservices
Flexible payment solutions to help you achieve your objectives
Cisco Capital makes it easier to get the right technology to achieve your objectives, enable business transformation and help you stay competitive. We can help you reduce the total cost of ownership, conserve capital, and accelerate growth. In more than 100 countries, our flexible payment solutions can help you acquire hardware, software, services and complementary third-party equipment in easy, predictable payments. Learn more.
To learn more about Ultra-M, contact your Cisco account representative today.