Gain Smarter, More Flexible Fabrics
Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS Software enables the award-winning Cisco MDS 9000 Series Multilayer Switches to provide a strategic platform with superior reliability, performance, and scalability.
Used in both Cisco MDS 9000 and Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches, the software supports:
- Unified I/O with Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) options
- Unified management with Cisco Data Center Network Manager
- New fabric services
These new features deliver convergence, scale, and intelligence across LAN and SAN environments in large, virtualized data centers.
Advantages of NX-OS Software
- Flexibility and scalability for enterprise SANs
- Software base that unifies Ethernet, storage, and high-performance computing networks
- Reduced total cost of ownership (TCO), through unified I/O, services-oriented SAN applications, security, and more
A Wide Range of Essential Features
- Integrated fabric applications deliver network-based storage applications and services.
- Integrated SAN Extension and I/O Acceleration support open systems and mainframe I/O traffic over metropolitan-area networks (MANs) and WANs.
- VSAN capability improves Fibre Channel SAN scalability, availability, manageability, and security.
- End-to-end virtualization and mobility simplify deployment and management of virtual machines, VSAN fabrics, blade servers, and more.
- Integrated encryption features preserve the integrity and confidentiality of Fibre Channel traffic between modular switches.
Reduce Downtime, Enhance Business Continuance
I/O Accelerator provides unified, consistent, fabric-based data compression and acceleration for backup and replication over MAN and WAN.
Services in the SAN: IDC Analyst Paper (PDF - 184 KB)
An efficient data center is the critical facilitator of the modern extended enterprise. It is the key to spurring innovation while significantly reducing costs.