Gain Smarter, More Flexible Fabrics
Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS Software enables the award-winning Cisco MDS 9000 Series Multilayer Switches to provide a strategic platform with superior reliability, performance, and scalability.
Used in both Cisco MDS 9000 and Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches, the software supports:
- Unified I/O with Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) options
- Unified management with Cisco Data Center Network Manager
- New fabric services
These new features deliver convergence, scale, and intelligence across LAN and SAN environments in large, virtualized data centers.
Advantages of NX-OS Software
- Flexibility and scalability for enterprise SANs
- Software base that unifies Ethernet, storage, and high-performance computing networks
- Reduced total cost of ownership (TCO), through unified I/O, services-oriented SAN applications, security, and more
A Wide Range of Essential Features
- Integrated fabric applications deliver network-based storage applications and services.
- Integrated SAN Extension and I/O Acceleration support open systems and mainframe I/O traffic over metropolitan-area networks (MANs) and WANs.
- VSAN capability improves Fibre Channel SAN scalability, availability, manageability, and security.
- End-to-end virtualization and mobility simplify deployment and management of virtual machines, VSAN fabrics, blade servers, and more.
- Integrated encryption features preserve the integrity and confidentiality of Fibre Channel traffic between modular switches.
Reduce Downtime, Enhance Business Continuance
I/O Accelerator provides unified, consistent, fabric-based data compression and acceleration for backup and replication over MAN and WAN.
Services in the SAN: IDC Analyst Paper
An efficient data center is the critical facilitator of the modern extended enterprise. It is the key to spurring innovation while significantly reducing costs.
(All Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS and SAN-OS Software At-a-Glance)
(All Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS and SAN-OS Software Bulletins) Data Sheets
(All Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS and SAN-OS Software Data Sheets)