PDF(207.4 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:January 28, 2005
CiscoWorks CiscoView is the most widely deployed device management software application provided by Cisco Systems. CiscoView is a Web-based graphical application that provides monitoring and configuration features for Cisco internetworking products (switches, routers, hubs, concentrators, and access servers). CiscoView aides network management by displaying a physical view of a Cisco device, allowing users to easily interact with device components to change configuration parameters and monitor statistics and "front panel" activity.
Being web-based, CiscoView allows ubiquitous access from any client with a standard browser, network access, and minimum hardware requirements. CiscoView offers an intuitive interface for real-time device monitoring, and easy device configuration, as well as new features that enhance its functionality and usability such as support for SNMPv3, IPv6 and mini-RMON. Easily integrated with CiscoWorks products or partner platforms, CiscoView provides multi-user device management in the larger context of an end-to-end management solution.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
CiscoView web-based management aids network management by displaying a physical view of Cisco devices and color-coding device ports for at-a-glance port status, allowing users to quickly grasp essential information. CiscoView features provide dynamic status, device monitoring, and comprehensive configuration information for Cisco networking devices.
CiscoView 6.1 has several new features including:
• A pure HTML-client, alleviating the need for additional client software or plug-ins
• IPv6 (IP version 6) support
• Mini-RMON (Remote Monitoring) support that assists users to gather and utilize vital device data collected by mini-RMON groups
• SNMPv3 (Authorization, No Privacy) support
• More granular user-access rules through Cisco Secure ACS server integration
• Intuitive new user interface
• Common device selector that allows users to access a common device list entered through the device credentials repository (DCR)
Additional features include:
• A continuously updated "front panel" display of Cisco devices from a single location, giving network managers a complete view of Cisco products without physically checking each device (see Figure 1)
• Real-time monitoring and tracking of key information and data relating to device performance, traffic, and environment, with metrics such as utilization percentage, frames transmitted and received, errors, and a variety of other device-specific indicators
• The ability to modify device configurations across router, switch, and access server products
• The ability to access the support for existing and new Cisco devices through the web-based Package Support Updater (PSU), without having to purchase and install new versions of CiscoView
• Multi-user access to a single CiscoView server through a web-based client
CiscoWorks CiscoView is part of several CiscoWorks solutions such as the CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution, CiscoWorks VPN/Security Management Solution and CiscoWorks Small Network Management Solution. These CiscoWorks management solutions are available for purchase through regular Cisco sales and distribution channels worldwide.
Cisco offers a wide range of services programs to accelerate customer success. These innovative services programs are delivered through a unique combination of people, processes, tools, and partners, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction. Cisco services help you to protect your network investment, optimize network operations, and prepare the network for new applications to extend network intelligence and the power of your business. For more information about Cisco Services, see Cisco Technical Support Services or Cisco Advanced Services.