Improve Traffic Safety
Monitor and manage traffic incidents to reduce congestion.
Helping Cities Maintain Safer Roads
More than 25 percent of traffic congestion is nonrecurrent, according to the Federal Highway Administration. Instead, it is caused by traffic incidents. As a result, detecting incidents early and responding to them effectively makes for safer roads, less congestion, and smoother traffic flow. The Cisco Smart+Connected City Traffic solution combines IP cameras, sensors, applications, and the Cisco Smart+Connected City Wi-Fi infrastructure to provide visibility of live traffic conditions for traffic management authorities in real time. The solution provides insight into urban traffic patterns so that traffic authorities can make better decisions and long-term plans.
- More efficient traffic flow
- Less pollution and other environmental impacts
- More efficient use of budget
- Better visibility into traffic conditions
- Better infrastructure investments
Transportation Department Benefits
- Automated incident detection and quicker responses
- Better-informed operational decision making
- Improved planning and resource allocation
- Greater collaboration among response agencies
- More effective operations
- Improved road safety
- Less congestion, reducing frustration and fuel costs
- Better driving and commuting experiences
View color-coded, live traffic conditions on a map, including overlays of camera feeds. Prioritize camera feeds based on high-incident areas. Make it easier for citizens to report traffic hazards and incidents.
Incident Detection and Management
Use video feeds and analytics to verify and detect traffic incidents, traffic flows, and violations. Create incident records and collect all data regarding the incident lifecycles.
Easily configure and manage sensors, video infrastructure, and policy rules.
Report traffic incident distribution over time, day, and location to aid planning. Identify areas with recurring traffic and flow issues.
Cisco has teamed with AGT International, a global leader in city solutions, to offer the first Smart+Connected City Traffic solution that focuses on traffic incident management. Please read the At-a-Glance brochure (linked below) to find out more about this solution.