TechWiseTV: "Dawn of the New Data Center"
Today's data centers have evolved into cumbersome monsters that waste space, resources, and energy. Although virtualization has greatly improved machine utilization and software portability, it has actually increased operational expenses, infrastructure complexity, and risk because the "physical" IT infrastructure is still static. Now, that is about to change.
This episode will show you how the revolutionary new Cisco Unified Computing System solves these problems by uniting network, compute, and virtualization resources into a single transparent system for the first time. Find out how this next-generation data center platform radically reduces your setup, management, power, and cabling requirements; eliminates the burden of integrating disparate technologies; and provides for true just-in-time resource provisioning.
Learn how this game-changing solution enables massive scaling of virtualized environments, dynamic allocation of server and storage resources, and "wire-once" connectivity. See the technology breakthroughs that make the Cisco Unified Computing System a reality, including:
- Cisco UCS Manager, enabling server, network, and storage administrators to accomplish tasks in minutes instead of hours or even days
- Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Switches, consolidating I/O at the system level and uniting as many as 320 servers within a single system domain
- Cisco UCS 2100 Series Fabric Extenders, providing a direct 10-Gbs connection between blade servers and fabric switch Cisco Virtualization Adaptor, capable of managing as many as 5000 virtual connections
Learn more and register to view today.
Attend the Cisco IT Innovations Forum: "Thriving in Turbulent Times"
Where can you reduce IT costs? Which new technologies provide the fastest payback? How can you maximize existing resources and do more with less? Get real-world answers and proven solutions from your peers, analysts, and experts at this in-depth virtual conference. See new innovations in virtual booths, and learn to simplify your IT workload and reduce operating expenses.
This live interactive online conference occurs on Thursday, May 7, 2009, at 8 a.m. Eastern Time and on-demand thereafter.
Cisco Live 2009: Registration Now Open
Cisco Live, Cisco's IT and communications conference, takes place June 27-July 2, 2009, in San Francisco. This year marks the 20th anniversary of Networkers, Cisco's flagship technical education program, and offers more than 250 technical sessions across multiple product tracks, including Security.
Register now and save.
Upcoming "Ask the Expert" Events and TechTalks from NetPro
Networking Professionals Connection (NetPro) is an interactive website where you can discuss Cisco networking products and technologies with Cisco experts and networking professionals around the world.
Upcoming events on NetPro include:
- "Ask the Expert" events, which allow you to discuss specific networking issues online with Cisco engineers:
- "Cisco EnergyWise Technology," now through April 24
- "Cisco Catalyst 6500 Virtual Switching System," now through April 24
- "Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting," April 27 through May 8
- "GET VPN," April 27 through May 8
Note: "Ask the Expert" events are subject to rescheduling. Please refer to the URL above for the most current schedule.
- TechTalks are online webcasts that focus on particular technology subjects. You can view the latest event schedule, register to attend a live session, and view archived presentations on the web any time.
To attend an event or participate in a discussion forum, visit Networking Professionals Connection.