Introducing Cisco Certified Design Expert Certification
In response to your demand to assess and recognize Senior-Level Network Architecture skills in the market, Cisco is introducing a new premiere knowledge based certification focused on Network Infrastructure Design -- Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE).
CCDE is an expert-level certification with content emphasis on expertise in network architecture, which is the capstone for Cisco's design curriculum. In addition, passing the CCDE certification demands competencies of an experienced, seasoned, networking professional with a proven ability to interface with customers at the executive-level and to ensure that business requirements are incorporated into successful designs.
To attain a CCDE certification, a candidate will be tasked with passing two exams:
- Qualification exam (ADVDESIGN) 352-001 -- Requiring no prerequisites, this exam is a two-hour multiple-choice exam that assesses fundamental knowledge of networking theories, principles, protocols, and technology.
- Practical exam -- While still in development, this exam will be an eight-hour, practical scenario-based exam available in late 2008.
Check out the CCDE program page today for more details on the qualification exam. You can also bookmark this page for upcoming practical exam details.
The qualification exam is now available at Pearson VUE testing facilities worldwide, so sign up today.
Submit your questions and feedback regarding CCDE.
TechWiseTV: " VoIP Applications: Beyond the Dial Tone"
Converging voice onto your data network has its own rewards. Yet, the real payoff from your VoIP investment comes from specialized applications combining voice, data, and video that enable you to solve common business challenges and connect workers, customers, and information more efficiently.
What are some of these applications? More important, how do you develop them? This TechWiseTV episode will use extensive whiteboarding and hands-on demonstration to show you how Cisco and its third-party partners such as Radianta are enabling you to easily design your own powerful communication-enabled business processes. You will learn how Cisco gives you the flexibility to chart your own course with VoIP and find out how to:
- Solve common, everyday business problems with VoIP applications
- Take advantage of the applications that are available to you today from Cisco and third-party partners
- Deliver a wide variety of easy-to-use media functions to your users, such as interactive voice response (IVR), conferencing, text-to-speech (TTS), speech recognition, and speaker verification
- Extend rich communication tools beyond the office and onto the mobile devices your employees already have
- Use Cisco TelePresence to finally deliver the long-awaited benefits of videoconferencing
Learn more and register to view video.
Upcoming "Ask the Expert" Events and TechTalks from Networking Professionals Connection.
- Ask the Expert
- "Deploying Cisco ASA and PIX Security Appliances," now through February 22
- "Mobile Performance with 802.11n," now through February 22
- "Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE)," February 25 through March 7
- "Securing Wireless Networks," February 25 through March 7
Note: "Ask the Expert" events are subject to rescheduling. Please refer to the URL above for the most current schedule.
To attend an event or participate in a discussion forum, visit Networking Professionals Connection today.