TechWiseTV: "Transforming the Data Center with Unified Fabric"
As organizations increasingly rely on information technology to enable business strategy, they require an IT infrastructure that is more powerful, agile, and cost effective. To meet this challenge, they need a single network-based data center infrastructure that unifies traditional server, storage, and network infrastructure silos to more efficiently support evolving business applications.
This episode of TechWiseTV will demonstrate how a unified fabric supporting data center Ethernet and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) is poised to respond to this need. Some of the most distinguished networking engineers in the industry will provide expert insights into how and why these technologies are ready to dramatically transform and simplify your data center operations.
You will also see the new Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches in operation in a true multivendor environment. Discover how their unified fabric running FCoE enables you to connect LAN-based servers over the same infrastructure as Fibre Channel storage networks, reducing the number of adapters, cables, and switches by 50 percent, while lowering power and cooling costs by up to 30 percent. Learn how they give you far greater flexibility while protecting your existing equipment investments.
This 60-minute video webcast will reveal:
- Why certain protocols and technologies have flourished while others have floundered
- Why data center Ethernet is one of the biggest advances in Ethernet technology in more than 15 years
- How FCoE combines the uncompromising performance of Fibre Channel with the low cost and manageability of Ethernet for the best of both worlds
- How FCoE compares to iSCSI and other protocols
- How to deploy the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series to take advantage of a unified fabric now while helping ensure backward compatibility with your existing switches and preserving your current data center investments
Learn more and register to view today.
Experience Cisco Services at Cisco Live
Cisco Live is the venue for valuable Cisco Services educational development and networking. This year, Cisco Services invites you to:
- Explore the Cisco Services Lounge to meet informally with Cisco Services subject matter experts, take part in Rebus Madness for a chance to win an iPOD Touch, and relax in a comfortable setting. The Cisco Services Lounge is open to all customer and partner attendees.
- Step inside the Cisco booth at the World of Solutions to learn more about Cisco Services offerings including: Learning@Cisco, Smart Call Home and GOLD Diagnostics, Cisco Remote Management and Security Services, Cisco Smart Services, Cisco Support Website, Project Management/Advanced Services, Customer Satisfaction Measurement, and Steps to Success.
- Enjoy impromptu whiteboard discussions with TAC engineers and Advanced Services Network Architects at the Technical Solutions Clinic, and get a hands-on look at the new Cisco Support Wiki.
Join us at Cisco Live to learn more on how you can put Cisco Services expertise to work for you today.
Upcoming "Ask the Expert" Events and TechTalks from Networking Professionals Connection
- Ask the Expert
- "Hosted Unified Communications Services," now through June 27
- "Catalyst 6500 Virtual Switching System 1440," now through June 27
- "Configuring and Troubleshooting the Application Control Engine," June 30 through July 11
Note: "Ask the Expert" events are subject to rescheduling. Please refer to the URL above for the most current schedule.
To attend an event or participate in a discussion forum, visit Networking Professionals Connection today.