• Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL): Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing provides the most popular bundles of Cisco Collaboration applications and services in a cost-effective, simple package. It includes soft clients, applications server software, and licensing on a per-user basis. Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription (UCSS) is required to enable access to major software upgrades.
• Cisco User Connect Licensing (UCL): A per-user based license for individual Cisco Unified Communications applications, that includes the applications server software, user licensing, and a soft client. Depending the type of device and number of devices that you require, User Connect Licensing is available in Essential, Basic, Enhanced, and Enhanced Plus versions. Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription (UCSS) is recommended to enable access to major software upgrades.
Table 1. Cisco Unified Communications 9.0 Licensing Portfolio*
Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing
• Standard Edition: Built on the reliable Cisco Unified Communications Manager platform, this edition includes call control, voice messaging, and unified clients. Instant messaging and presence are also included and may be deployed as a 1-year subscription in the cloud or as a perpetual license on premises.
– Business Edition: Refers to Standard Edition on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 6000 and is equivalent in functionality to Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Standard Edition.
• Professional Edition: This edition includes all features in the Standard Edition plus WebEx® Meetings, the WebEx Social Enterprise Collaboration platform, and contact center capabilities. You can deploy each WebEx solution as either a 1-year subscription in the cloud or as a perpetual license on premises.
• Improve the value of a unified workspace:
– Offers multiple workspace applications at a more affordable initial cost
– Lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) through a consistent per-user price point that includes: server software, license and soft clients
– Enables organizations to easily and cost-effectively adapt to changing employee or end-user needs
• Maximize the potential of collaboration:
– Provides a consistent set of applications across the organization to increase overall employee productivity
– Includes instant messaging and presence for the entire organization. Can be deployed as a 1-year subscription in the cloud or as a perpetual license on premises, further reducing implementation time and costs
– Allows you to deploy each WebEx solution in Professional Edition as either a 1-year subscription in the cloud or as a perpetual license on premises
• Flexibly meet your business needs:
– Simplifies the way you acquire and manage licensing, service, and support
– Flexibly deploys applications to meet your evolving operational and business needs
– Offers an open platform that integrates with other line-of-business applications
Cisco User Connect Licensing
• Essential UCL and Basic UCL: These are user-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products. Each includes applications server software and user licensing for a single device supported by the Essential UCL or Basic UCL level of functionality. These licenses also provide on-premise Instant Messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization.
• Enhanced UCL and Enhanced Plus UCL: These are user-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products that support Cisco's entire portfolio of user devices and include the ability to use a soft phone on your desktop (Windows and Mac) and mobile devices. They each include a soft client, applications server software, and user licensing. Enhanced UCL includes unified communications applications for a single device, whereas Enhanced Plus allows for two devices. These licenses also provide on-premise Instant Messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization.
Table 2. Cisco User Connect Licensing Options for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition
• Cisco TelePresence Room: The Cisco TelePresence Room license includes rights to one Cisco TelePresence Room-based system, including Cisco TelePresence, Profile, and Solution Series platforms.
• Basic Messaging (Voicemail): The Basic Messaging license includes rights to one Cisco Unity Connection user. The user has advanced voicemail access Internet Message Access Protocol [IMAP], unified messaging, phone, and web) and voice recognition. (If you are using voice recognition, you must order SpeechConnect ports separately.)
Software Subscription, Services, and Partner Offerings
Cisco: The Leader in Business Communications
For More Information
• Cisco Unified Communications Licensing: http://www.cisco.com/go/uclicensing
• Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription: http://www.cisco.com/go/ucss