Cisco® Business Edition 6000 (BE 6000) is designed for organizations with up to 1000 employees. The solution offers premium voice, video, mobility, messaging, conferencing, instant messaging and presence, and contact center features on a single, integrated platform. The solution provides core communication capabilities that midsize businesses need for improved collaboration across their value chain.
Solution Components: Features and Benefits
Medium-density server: Supports up to four collaboration applications and one management application
High-density server: Supports up to eight collaboration applications and one management application
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager is the call-processing engine of Cisco BE 6000, extending voice and video features to network devices such as IP phones, Telepresence endpoints, media-processing devices, gateways, and multimedia applications. Fully integrated instant messaging and presence services are also included. Additional services such as multimedia conferencing, collaborative contact centers, and interactive multimedia response systems are made possible through Cisco Unified Communications Manager open telephony application programming interfaces (APIs).
• The Cisco Jabber™ client portfolio takes advantage of intelligence in Cisco networks and Cisco Unified Communications Manager to offer a highly secure, reliable, and rich collaboration experience. It delivers a consistent experience across on-premises and cloud-based deployments, and uses industry standards to help ensure interoperability across Cisco and third-party solutions.
• Cisco Unity® Connection integrates voice messaging and voice-recognition functions to provide continuous global access to calls and messages. Its advanced convergence-based communication services allow you to use natural-language voice commands to place calls or listen to messages in hands-free mode and to check voice messages from your desktop, either through integration with your email inbox or by using a web browser. It also provides robust Automated-Attendant functions, including intelligent routing for incoming calls and easily customizable call-screening and message-notification options.
• Cisco Prime™ Collaboration Provisioning provides an automated process for initial deployments and for "day-2" moves, adds, changes, and deletions (MACDs). An intuitive user interface provides a single view of a subscriber and the subscriber's services. With these capabilities, Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning significantly accelerates site rollouts and dramatically reduces the time required for ongoing changes, resulting in exceptional productivity gains and lower operating expenses (OpEx). In addition, Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning simplifies the tasks, allowing organizations to optimize IT resources and further reduce TCO.
• Cisco Licensing (including Cisco Enterprise Licensing Manager [ELM]) makes usage and reporting simple. Cisco ELM provides a centralized, at-a-glance view of compliance and allows for redistribution of licensing among supported products. User licensing - based on user profiles - aligns with Cisco User Connect Licenses (UCL) and Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) purchasing models.
Additional Collaboration Options
• Cisco TelePresence® Video Communication Server (VCS) provides advanced video integration, allowing older video devices to be included. When used with the Cisco TelePresence VCS Expressway product, remote users and business-to-business video calling is also made possible. The Cisco Business Edition 6000 Advanced Video offer includes co-resident Cisco VCS Control software and a license for 5 traversal and 10 nontraversal calls with each server.
• Cisco Unified Contact Center Express supports up to 100 call center agents with agent-based service as well as fully integrated self-service applications by providing sophisticated and distributed automatic-call-distributor (ACD), interactive-voice-response (IVR), computer-telephony-integration (CTI), and agent and desktop services on a single server. Discounted 5-, 10-, and 25-agent seat license starter bundles are available for purchase with the BE 6000.
• Cisco Unified Attendant Consoles provide the human attendant console operator with the tools to quickly accept and effectively dispatch incoming calls to individuals across the organization.
• Cisco WebEx® Web Conferencing accelerates business results by making your web meetings more productive. This people-centric cloud-based collaboration solution can enable team members to easily share information through any computer or mobile device. WebEx® Meetings allows people to attend meetings any time, from anywhere, inside and outside corporate firewalls.
• Cisco Emergency Responder helps assure that Cisco Unified Communications Manager sends emergency calls to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the caller's location, and that the PSAP can identify the caller's location and return the call if necessary. The system automatically tracks and updates equipment moves and changes, helping ensure more effective compliance with legal or regulatory obligations, reducing the risk of liability related to emergency calls as a result.
• Cisco Paging Server provides paging capabilities for all users. Cisco Paging Server supports basic and advanced paging features. Basic paging features require no license and allow point-to-point or group audio paging between groups of up to 50 Cisco IP Phones. An advanced paging license allows larger (unlimited) paging groups and enables other advanced functions, including:
– Paging to overhead analog and IP speakers
– Bell scheduling
– Prioritizing emergency notifications with the call-barge option
– Prerecorded and text-only pages
– Integration with social media sites for notification
– Email and Short Message Service (SMS) mass notification
– Call-number monitoring: 911 alerting
– Integration with Jabber® clients
• Cisco Business Edition 6000 supports co-residency of Cisco Developer Network collaboration applications under the following conditions:
– Maximum of three Cisco Developer Network applications per Cisco BE 6000 Server
– Maximum of six Cisco Developer Network applications across all Cisco BE 6000 servers in a deployment
– Collaboration applications from Cisco Developer Network: https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/
– Collaboration applications from the Cisco Solution Plus Program: http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/pr46/solutions_plus/index.html
Solution Specifications: System Capacity
Table 1. System Capacity
Cisco Unified Communications Services
For More Information