Cisco understands that the collaboration needs of customers vary across organizations and they depend on individual workers’ collaboration requirements. As such, Cisco offers flexible licensing options to meet those varying needs, with Cisco® Unified Workspace Licensing and Cisco User Connect Licensing options. Each Cisco license includes soft clients, applications server software, and collaboration licensing on a per-user basis.
● Cisco Unified Workspace License (UWL): With Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing, your organization can flexibly meet business needs by procuring a broad range of Cisco Collaboration applications and services on a per-user basis at a "better together" bundled price. With UWL you can deliver a consistent set of Cisco Collaboration applications to a larger portion of your users, helping your organization maximize the potential of collaboration. Table 1 summarizes the latest features that are included in the Cisco UWL editions. Table 2 shows the device support for each Cisco UWL edition.
Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing is available in two editions:
- Standard Edition: Built on the reliable Cisco Unified Communications Manager platform, this edition includes call control, enhanced messaging (voicemail) unified clients, and support for up to 10 assigned devices per user. You can deploy Instant Messaging (IM) and presence in the cloud (1-year Named User subscription included) and/or on premises (perpetual license).
- Professional Edition: This edition includes all features in the Standard Edition plus WebEx® Conferencing and Cisco Personal Multiparty videoconferencing. You can deploy the WebEx conferencing solution in the cloud (1-year subscription included) and/or on premises (perpetual license).
● Cisco User Connect License (UCL): A per-user-based license for individual Cisco Unified Communications applications, UCL includes the applications server software, user licensing, and a soft client. Depending on the type of device and number of devices that you require, UCL is available in Essential, Basic, Enhanced, and Enhanced Plus versions. Cisco Unified Software Subscription (UCSS) is recommended to enable access to major software upgrades. Table 1 summarizes the latest features that are included in the Cisco UCL editions. Table 2 shows the device support for each Cisco UCL edition.
Cisco User Connect Licensing is available in the following editions:
- Essential UCL and Basic UCL: These licenses are user-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products. Each includes applications server software and user licensing for a single device supported by the Essential UCL or Basic UCL level of functions. These licenses also provide on-premises IM clients and presence software and Cisco Prime™ Collaboration Standard Edition for the entire organization.
- Enhanced UCL and Enhanced Plus UCL: These licenses include all the features included in the Essential UCL and Basic UCL levels. They support Cisco's entire portfolio of user devices and include the ability to use a soft phone on your desktop (Windows and Mac) and/or mobile devices. Each includes a soft client, applications server software, and user licensing. Enhanced UCL includes unified communications applications for a single device, whereas Enhanced Plus allows for two devices. In addition, these license levels also include Cisco TelePresence® Video Communication Server Expressway (VCS Expressway) for remote and mobile worker access.
Table 1. Cisco Collaboration Licensing Portfolio
Table 2. Alignment of Cisco Licensing to Supported Devices
Opportunity comes from the combination of technology and people. The collaborative workspace environment gives people the flexibility to be where they need to be to do the best work they can. Cisco Collaboration Licensing can help you:
● Improve the value of a unified workspace:
- Offers multiple workspace applications at a more affordable initial cost
- Lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) through a consistent per-user price point that includes server software, license, and soft clients
- Enables organizations to easily and cost-effectively adapt to changing employee or end-user needs
● Maximize the potential of collaboration:
- Provides a consistent set of applications across the organization to increase overall employee productivity
- Enables that support your business goals
- Improves collaboration with a superior quality of experience
● Flexibly meet your business needs:
- Simplifies the way you acquire and manage licensing, service, and support
- Flexibly deploys applications to meet your evolving operational and business needs
- Offers an open platform that integrates with other line-of-business applications
Software Subscription, Services, and Partner Offerings
A 3-year Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription (UCSS) contract is required for organizations to take advantage of the attractive pricing available in Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Standard Edition or Professional Edition. UCSS provides major software upgrades for the duration of the subscription term. With a valid UCSS contract, users are entitled to new applications that are added to Cisco UWL.
Cisco Unified Communications Essential Operate Service (ESW) is required for Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing. Cisco ESW provides minor and maintenance releases and award-winning 24-hour Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support for all applications covered under UWL.
Cisco SMARTnet® support, the hardware support and replacement contract, is optional and separate from the Essential Operate Service. Cisco SMARTnet support is available for Cisco 7800 Series Media Convergence Servers, Cisco Unified MeetingPlace® chassis, Cisco Unified IP Phones, and Cisco Unified Video Advantage Cameras.
Cisco and our certified partners can help you deploy a highly secure, resilient Cisco Collaboration Solution, meeting aggressive deployment schedules and accelerating business advantage. Our portfolio of services is based on proven methodologies for unifying voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks.
Cisco: The Leader in Business Communications
Cisco Collaboration solutions can help your organization tap the value of a converged IP network infrastructure, giving you more effective communication options and productivity-enhancing applications while reducing the high maintenance costs of managing separate voice and data infrastructures. With a decade of experience in IP convergence, Cisco is uniquely qualified to team with the telecom and data professionals in your organization to create an effective, nimble, and visionary technology solution.
Cisco Collaboration can streamline your business processes and boost productivity, reliability, and competitiveness - all while reducing security risk and enhancing your profitability. For more information about Cisco Unified Communications, visitor .
For More Information
More information about Cisco Unified Communications licensing is available at the following locations:
● Cisco Collaboration:
● Cisco Unified Communications Licensing:
● Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription: