Cisco® Business Edition 6000 (BE 6000) is designed for organizations with up to 1000 employees. Thesolution offers premium voice, video, mobility, messaging, conferencing, instant messaging and presence, and contact center features on a single, integrated platform. The solution provides core communication capabilities that midsize businesses need for improved collaboration across their value chain.
Enabled by virtualization technology, Cisco BE 6000 consolidates multiple collaboration applications in a highly available solution that enables midsize businesses to reduce their total cost of ownership (TCO) and increase their return on investment (ROI) through its flexible architecture that grows with business needs.
Solution Components: Features and Benefits
Cisco Business Edition 6000 delivers full-featured, enterprise-class communications and collaboration services that successful midsize businesses rely on today. Built on Cisco’s world-leading unified communications architecture, the BE 6000 solution boasts a variety of highly available applications that allow you to build a solution to meet your specific collaboration needs.
The Cisco BE 6000 is built on virtualized Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) products, which are designed for performance and density over a wide range of business workloads. The enterprise-class Cisco UCS C220 M3 Rack Server packages advanced performance and energy efficiency gains of the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product family in a 1-rack-unit (1RU) form factor and is available in two preconfigured options for the BE6000:
Medium-density server: Supports up to four collaboration applications and one management application
High-density server: Supports up to eight collaboration applications and one management application
Servers are prepared ready-for-use, with a preinstalled virtualization hypervisor and preloaded applications, ready to install. Specific details of all the BE 6000 components are available at the links provided in following section.
The following applications are typically used together to deliver the core unified communications features of the Business Edition 6000.
● is the call-processing engine of Cisco BE 6000, extending voice and video features to network devices such as IP phones, Telepresence endpoints, media-processing devices, gateways, and multimedia applications. Fully integrated instant messaging and presence services are also included. Additional services such as multimedia conferencing, collaborative contact centers, and interactive multimedia response systems are made possible through Cisco Unified Communications Manager open telephony application programming interfaces (APIs).
● client portfolio takes advantage of intelligence in Cisco networks and Cisco Unified Communications Manager to offer a highly secure, reliable, and rich collaboration experience. It delivers a consistent experience across on-premises and cloud-based deployments, and uses industry standards to help ensure interoperability across Cisco and third-party solutions.
● integrates voice messaging and voice-recognition functions to provide continuous global access to calls and messages. Its advanced convergence-based communication services allow you to use natural-language voice commands to place calls or listen to messages in hands-free mode and to check voice messages from your desktop, either through integration with your email inbox or by using a web browser. It also provides robust Automated-Attendant functions, including intelligent routing for incoming calls and easily customizable call-screening and message-notification options.
● provides an automated process for initial deployments and for “day‑2” moves, adds, changes, and deletions (MACDs). An intuitive user interface provides a single view of a subscriber and the subscriber's services. With these capabilities, Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning significantly accelerates site rollouts and dramatically reduces the time required for ongoing changes, resulting in exceptional productivity gains and lower operating expenses (OpEx). In addition, Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning simplifies the tasks, allowingorganizations to optimize IT resources and further reduce TCO.
● (including Cisco Enterprise Licensing Manager [ELM]) makes usage and reporting simple. Cisco ELM provides a centralized, at-a-glance view of compliance and allows for redistribution of licensing among supported products. User licensing - based on user profiles - aligns with Cisco User Connect Licenses (UCL) and Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) purchasing models.
Additional Collaboration Options
To complement the foundation applications detailed above, the following collaboration applications can also be deployed with the BE 6000:
● provides advanced video integration, allowing older video devices to be included. When used with the Cisco TelePresence VCS Expressway product, remote users and business-to-business video calling is also made possible. The Cisco Business Edition 6000 Advanced Video offer includes co-resident Cisco VCS Control software and a license for 5 traversal and 10 nontraversal calls with each server.
● supports up to 100 call center agents with agent-based service as well as fully integrated self-service applications by providing sophisticated and distributed automatic-call-distributor (ACD), interactive-voice-response (IVR), computer-telephony-integration (CTI), and agent and desktop services on a single server. Discounted 5-, 10-, and 25-agent seat license starter bundles are available for purchase with the BE 6000.
● provide the human attendant console operator with the tools to quickly accept and effectively dispatch incoming calls to individuals across the organization.
● accelerates business results by making your web meetings more productive. This people-centric cloud-based collaboration solution can enable team members to easily share information through any computer or mobile device. WebEx® Meetings allows people to attend meetings any time, from anywhere, inside and outside corporate firewalls.
● helps assure that Cisco Unified Communications Manager sends emergency calls to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the caller's location, and that the PSAP can identify the caller's location and return the call if necessary. The system automatically tracks and updates equipment moves and changes, helping ensure more effective compliance with legal or regulatory obligations, reducing the risk of liability related to emergency calls as a result.
● Cisco Paging Server provides paging capabilities for all users. Cisco Paging Server supports basic and advanced paging features. Basic paging features require no license and allow point-to-point or group audio paging between groups of up to 50 Cisco IP Phones. An advanced paging license allows larger (unlimited) paging groups and enables other advanced functions, including:
- Paging to overhead analog and IP speakers
- Bell scheduling
- Prioritizing emergency notifications with the call-barge option
- Prerecorded and text-only pages
- Integration with social media sites for notification
- Email and Short Message Service (SMS) mass notification
- Call-number monitoring: 911 alerting
- Integration with Jabber® clients
● Cisco Business Edition 6000 supports co-residency of Cisco Developer Network collaboration applications under the following conditions:
- Maximum of three Cisco Developer Network applications per Cisco BE 6000 Server
- Maximum of six Cisco Developer Network applications across all Cisco BE 6000 servers in a deployment
- Collaboration applications from Cisco Developer Network: https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/
- Collaboration applications from the Cisco Solution Plus Program: http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/pr46/solutions_plus/index.html
For a comprehensive up-to-date list of allowed third-party applications, refer to the Cisco BE 6000 Co-residency Policy available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11369/prod_white_papers_list.html.
Warning: Installation of an unapproved application on a Cisco BE 6000 server would be in violation of the Virtualization Hypervisor license terms and would invalidate product warranty or support.
Solution Specifications: System Capacity
Table 1 lists the system capacities supported by Cisco BE 6000. For detailed design guidance and deployment models, please refer to the Solutions Reference Network Design (SRND) guides located at:and the wiki pages located at: .
Table 1. System Capacity
Maximum number of users
Maximum number of mailboxes and voicemail ports
1000 mailboxes and 24 voicemail ports
Number of contact center agents
Number of presence users
Number of devices supported
Medium-density server: 1200 devices
High-density server: 2500 devices
Maximum number of co-resident applications
Medium-density server: Five applications (4 collaboration + 1 management)
High-density server: Nine applications (8 collaboration + 1 management)
To order the Business Edition 6000, simply purchase the required number of servers and add application licensing to enable the required mix of features and number of users. Cisco channel partners and resellers can refer to the Business Edition 6000 Ordering Guide for further information.
To place an order, contact your local Cisco representative or visit thetool on the Cisco website . Search on Advanced Unified Communications or on Cisco Authorized Business Edition Reseller to find a certified unified communications partner in your local area.
Cisco Unified Communications Services
Cisco Unified Communications Services allows you to accelerate cost savings and productivity gains associated with deploying a secure, resilient Cisco Unified Communications Solution on your network. Delivered by Cisco and our certified partners, our portfolio of deployment and technical support services is based on proven methodologies for unifying voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks. Our unique lifecycle approach to these services can enhance your technology experience to enable powerful new ways to collaborate with co-workers, partners, and customers across any workspace to accelerate business advantage.
To learn more, please visit.
For More Information
To learn more about Cisco Business Edition 6000, visit.
To learn more about Cisco’s complete portfolio offering for midmarket, visit:.