Cisco® Business Edition 6000 (BE6000) is designed for organizations with up to 1000 employees. The packaged collaboration solution offers premium voice, video, mobility, messaging, instant messaging and presence, contact center and more, including web conferencing as a service offer. The solution provides core communication capabilities that midsize businesses need for improved collaboration for employees, customers, and business partners.
Enabled by virtualization technology, BE6000 consolidates multiple collaboration applications in a highly available solution that enables midsize businesses to reduce their total cost of ownership (TCO) and increase their return on investment (ROI) through its flexible and scalable architecture that grows with business needs.
Features and Benefits
Cisco BE6000 delivers full-featured, enterprise-grade communications and collaboration services that successful midsize businesses rely on today. Built on Cisco's world-leading unified communications architecture, the BE6000 solution boasts a variety of highly available applications that allow you to build a solution to meet your specific collaboration needs.
Platform Support and Compatibility
Cisco BE6000 is built on virtualized Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) products, which are designed for performance and density over a wide range of business workloads. The enterprise-class Cisco UCS C220 M3 Rack Server packages advanced performance and energy efficiency gains of the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product family in a 1-rack-unit (1RU) form factor and is available in two preconfigured options for the BE6000:
● Medium-density server: Supports up to four collaboration applications and one management application
● High-density server: Supports up to eight collaboration applications and one management application
Servers are prepared ready-for-use, with a preinstalled virtualization hypervisor and preloaded applications, ready to deploy. Specific details of all the BE6000 components are available at the links provided in following section.
The collaboration applications in the BE6000 are licensed on a per-user basis. BE6000 license offers include a choice of highly discounted Cisco User Connect Licenses (UCL) or Cisco Unified Workspace Licenses (UWL) for the first 25 users of foundation applications listed in the following section. Additional applications and user licenses can be purchased on an a-la-carte basis.
The following applications are typically used together to deliver the core unified communications features of the BE6000:
● is the call-processing engine of BE6000, extending voice and video features to network devices such as IP phones, telepresence endpoints, media-processing devices, gateways, and multimedia applications. Fully integrated instant messaging and presence services are also included. Additional services such as multimedia conferencing, collaborative contact centers, and interactive multimedia response systems are made possible through Unified Communications Manager open telephony application programming interfaces (APIs).
● provides native standards-based, dual-protocol, enterprise instant messaging (IM) and network-based presence as part of Cisco Unified Communications. This secure, scalable, and easy-to-manage service within Unified Communications Manager offers users feature-rich communications capabilities. IM and Presence Service is tightly integrated with the Cisco desktop and mobile IM and presence clients - the and Cisco Jabber Software Development Kit (SDK). It enables these clients to perform numerous functions such as instant messaging, presence, click-to-call, phone control, voice, video, visual voicemail, and web collaboration.
● integrates voice-messaging and voice-recognition functions to provide continuous global access to calls and messages. Its advanced convergence-based communication services allow you to use natural-language voice commands to place calls or listen to messages in hands-free mode and to check voice messages from your desktop, either through integration with your email inbox or by using a web browser. It also provides robust Automated-Attendant functions, including intelligent routing for incoming calls and easily customizable call-screening and message-notification options.
● provides an automated process for initial deployments and for "day-2" moves, adds, changes, and deletions (MACDs). An intuitive user interface provides a single view of a subscriber and the subscriber's services. With these capabilities, Prime Collaboration Provisioning significantly accelerates site rollouts and dramatically reduces the time required for ongoing changes, resulting in exceptional productivity gains and lower operating expenses (OpEx). In addition, Prime Collaboration Provisioning simplifies the tasks, allowing organizations to optimize IT resources and further reduce total cost of ownership (TCO).
● (including Cisco Enterprise Licensing Manager [ELM]) makes usage and reporting simple. ELM provides a centralized, at-a-glance view of compliance and allows for redistribution of licensing among supported products. User licensing - based on user profiles - aligns with User Connect Licenses (UCL) and Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) purchasing models.
Additional Collaboration Options
To complement the foundation applications listed previously, the following collaboration applications can also be deployed with the BE6000:
● increases Collaboration across the organization with 4-way personal multi-party HD video conferencing capabilities supported co-resident, making video pervasive for all users from the browser to the boardroom. As with all applications on the BE6000, TelePresence Server is centrally-managed through the integrated voice and video call control of Unified Communications Manager.
● simplifies and enhances conference resource management, making conferences easy to join and administer. It uses knowledge of all available conferencing resources and their capabilities to help ensure dynamic, intelligent conference placement and optimum resource usage.
● enables simple and highly secure access to video, voice, content, IM, and presence outside the enterprise firewall. This advanced collaboration gateway application connects communities of stakeholders, enabling remote and mobile workers to collaborate more effectively by using their device of choice, such as the Jabber endpoint.
● provides advanced video integration, allowing older video devices to be included. When used with the TelePresence VCS Expressway product, remote users and business-to-business video calling is also possible. The BE6000 includes co-resident VCS Control software and a license for 5 traversal and 10 nontraversal calls with each server.
● supports up to 100 call center agents with agent-based service as well as fully integrated self-service applications by providing sophisticated and distributed automatic-call-distributor (ACD), interactive-voice-response (IVR), computer-telephony-integration (CTI), and agent and desktop services on a single server. Discounted 5- and 25-agent seat license starter bundles are available for purchase with the BE6000.
● provide the human attendant console operator with the tools to quickly accept and effectively dispatch incoming calls to individuals across the organization.
● accelerates business results by making your web meetings more productive. This people-centric cloud-based collaboration solution can enable team members to easily share information through any computer or mobile device. WebEx® Meetings allows people to attend meetings any time, from anywhere, inside and outside corporate firewalls. Discounted subscription bundles are available for purchase with the BE6000.
● helps assure that Unified Communications Manager sends emergency calls to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the caller's location, and that the PSAP can identify the caller's location and return the call if necessary. The system automatically tracks and updates equipment moves and changes, helping ensure more effective compliance with legal or regulatory obligations, reducing the risk of liability related to emergency calls as a result.
● provides paging capabilities for all users. It supports basic and advanced paging features. Basic paging features require no license and allow point-to-point or group audio paging between groups of up to 50 Cisco IP Phones. An advanced paging license allows larger (unlimited) paging groups and enables other advanced functions, including:
◦ Paging to overhead analog and IP speakers
◦ Bell scheduling
◦ Prioritizing emergency notifications with the call-barge option
◦ Prerecorded and text-only pages
◦ Integration with social media sites for notification
◦ Email and Short Message Service (SMS) mass notification
◦ Call-number monitoring: 911 alerting
◦ Integration with Jabber® clients
● The BE6000 supports co-residency of Cisco Developer Network collaboration applications under the following conditions:
◦ Maximum of three Developer Network applications per BE6000 Server
◦ Maximum of six Developer Network applications across all BE6000 servers in a deployment
◦ Collaboration applications from Developer Network:
◦ Collaboration applications from the Cisco Solutions Plus Program:
For a comprehensive up-to-date list of allowed third-party applications, refer to the BE6000 Co-residency Policy available at.
Warning: Installation of an unapproved application on a BE6000 Server would be in violation of the Virtualization Hypervisor license terms and would invalidate product warranty and support.
Solution Specifications: System Capacity
Table 1 lists the system capacities supported by the BE6000. For detailed design guidance and deployment models, please refer to the Solutions Reference Network Design (SRND) Guides and the ., the
Table 1. System Capacity
Find warranty information on Cisco.com at thepage.
To order the BE6000, simply purchase the required number of servers and add application licensing to enable the required mix of features and number of users. Cisco channel partners and resellers can refer to thefor further information.
To place an order, contact your local Cisco representative or visit the Cisco Partner Locator tool on the Cisco website Partner Locator - Cisco Systems. Search on “Advanced Unified Communications” or on “Cisco Authorized Business Edition Reseller” to find a certified unified communications partner in your local area.
Cisco Unified Communications Services
Cisco Unified Communications Services allows you to accelerate cost savings and productivity gains associated with deploying a secure, resilient Cisco Unified Communications Solution on your network. Delivered by Cisco and our certified partners, our portfolio of deployment and technical support services is based on proven methodologies for unifying voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks. Our unique lifecycle approach to these services can enhance your technology experience to enable powerful new ways to collaborate with co-workers, partners, and customers across any workspace to accelerate business advantage.
For More Information
To learn more about Cisco Business Edition 6000 (BE6000) visit.