Prerequisites and Preparation
Before you perform any of the procedures in this guide, we recommend that you:
- Read the safety guidelines in the next section and review the electrical safety and ESD-prevention guidelines in this guide.
- Ensure that you have all of the necessary tools and equipment (see Tools and Equipment).
- Have access to the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers Software Configuration Guide (an online document that is available for viewing or download at Cisco.com) during the installation.
- The power and cabling requirements that must be in place at your installation site
- The equipment required to install the router
- The environmental conditions your installation site must meet to maintain normal operation
Before installing your Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Router, you must consider power and cabling requirements that must be in place at your installation site, special equipment for installing the router, and the environmental conditions your installation site must meet to maintain normal operation. This chapter guides you through the process of preparing for router installation.
The shipping package for the router is engineered to reduce the chances of product damage associated with routine material handling experienced during shipment:
- Router should always be transported or stored in its shipping package in the upright position.
- Keep the router in the shipping container until you have determined the installation site.
Inspect all items for shipping damage. If an item appears damaged, contact a Cisco customer service representative immediately.