Cisco recognizes the unique needs of our service providers in the SD-WAN market. The Cisco® Managed Service Licensing Agreement (MSLA) was designed to meet both your requirements and those of your customers. Businesses are willing to switch service providers to get a more personalized experience. To be competitive, your offering needs to be simple to acquire, must provide the flexibility to meet changing customer demand, and must align with your cost model – simple, agile, and economical.
Your customers are asking for the flexibility to turn services on or off or to adjust capacity as needed. You may also need to quickly start a proof of concept or trial with a new customer. Standard buying options weren’t designed to accommodate a utility-based model where connectivity is provided as part of a larger service.
Cisco’s MSLA addresses these requirements, making it simpler to recommend, and easier to deploy and manage Cisco SD-WAN solutions.
● Simplify licensing for your SD-WAN managed service offering with only one agreement to sign and flexible purchasing options that include no upfront commitment.
● Increase agility by activating and deactivating licenses and by combining MSLA buying options to provide the greatest flexibility to address your customers’ changing demands.
● Improve the customer experience by enabling them to reduce capital outlay and increase expense predictability, ramp up capacity, and allocate licenses to other systems or sites as needs change.
The MSLA is a consumption-based software licensing model designed for Cisco’s MSP business.
It has two enrollment options:
● MSLA SD-WAN Committed offers a 3- to 5-year term. Licenses are coterminous to simplify support and renewal management. Customers can move licenses to different systems or sites as their needs change.
● MSLA SD-WAN Uncommitted is a month-to-month subscription that provides the greatest flexibility. There is no upfront commitment – pay for what you use, after you use it.
You can combine both MSLA SD-WAN Uncommitted and MSLA SD-WAN Committed licenses to provide the greatest flexibility. Your uncommitted licenses enable you to “flex down” if demand changes with your customer. Purchase MSLA SD-WAN Committed for the majority of the customer’s licenses and take advantage of the lower price, and then use MSLA SD-WAN Uncommitted licenses for flexibility. Your customer can upgrade the feature and bandwidth tier at any time during the contract.
Provide managed services for customers of all sizes, across their domains, with Cisco’s secure SD-WAN portfolio. Ease of deployment and management reduce your operating costs for greater profitability. Cisco is the most partner-centric company in the industry, committed to your long-term success. Read more about Cisco’s Managed Service Provider program.