High Performance with Flexible Deployments
The Cisco Nexus 3524-X and 3524-XL Switches are well suited for mainstream top-of-rack (TOR) data center deployments. It offers wire-rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching with a comprehensive feature set, including Algo Boost technology, and ultra-low latency. All comes in a compact, cost effective, 1 rack unit (1 RU) form factor.
Features and capabilities
Algo Boost technology allows the Cisco Nexus 3524-X and 3524-XL to achieve exceptionally low latencies of 250 nanoseconds (ns) or less for all workloads. That includes unicast and multicast, and Layer 2 and 3, regardless of the features applied.
- Multicast NAT and latency monitoring leads to simplified co-location integration and enhanced traffic visibility and troubleshooting.
- Warp mode can further reduce latency to 190 ns for small to midsize Layer 2 and 3 deployments.
- Warp SPAN helps enable stock market data delivery to trading servers in as little as 50 ns.
- Advanced Active Buffer Monitoring helps take advantage of market volatility and handle micro bursts.
- Technology supports Network Address Translation (NAT) for trade execution on any venue, without a latency penalty.
- Embedded Remote SPAN with nanosecond timestamps helps monitor traffic with unparalleled precision.
- Next-generation 3524-X offers 25% lower power consumption, further lowering operational costs.
Comprehensive Feature Set with Cisco NX-OS
The Cisco Nexus 3524-X and 3524 - XL are powered by the data-center-class Cisco NX-OS operating system.
- Full-featured unicast protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP
- Multicast protocols include PIM-SM, PIM-SSM, and MSDP
- Full support for access control lists (ACLs, port, VLAN, and routed) and quality of service (QoS, queueing and marking)
- Full support for troubleshooting tools such as Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) and Ethanalyzer
- Switch management by Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager (DCNM)
Specifications at a Glance
- 24 fixed 1/10 Gbps SFP+ ports; upgradeable to 48 with a valid license
- Line-rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 throughput of up to 480 Gbps
- Compact 1 RU form factor
- Nexus 3524-X: 4 GB Memory, 4 GB Bootflash, 2.0 GHz
- Nexus 3524-XL: 16 GB Memory, 16 GB Bootflash, 2.5 GHz
- Dual redundant color-coded power supplies
- Four redundant color-coded fans
*Nexus 3524-X is a successor for Nexus 3524