Smarter Fabrics: At Your Service
Designed to create a strategic SAN platform with superior reliability, performance, scalability, and features, Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS Software powers Cisco MDS 9000 Series Multilayer Switches.
Advantages of the software include:
- Flexibility and scalability for enterprise SANs
- Consistency across platforms to provide a unified software base for unification of Ethernet, storage, and high-performance computing networks
- Reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) through integrated fabric applications, security, and ease of management
The software's essential features include the following:
- Integrated fabric applications to deliver network-based storage applications and services
- Tightly integrated SAN Extension and I/O Acceleration to support open systems and mainframe I/O traffic over metropolitan-area networks (MANs) and WANs
- Virtual SAN (VSAN) capability to improve Fibre Channel SAN scalability, availability, manageability, and security
- End-to-end virtualization and mobility to simplify deployment and management of virtual machines, VSAN fabrics, blade servers, and virtualized storage devices
- Integrated encryption features to help preserve the integrity and confidentiality of Fibre Channel traffic between modular switches within a data center or across MANs and WANs
Reduce Downtime, Enhance Business Continuance
I/O Accelerator provides unified, consistent, fabric-based data compression and acceleration for backup and replication over MAN and WAN.
Services in the SAN: IDC Analyst Paper (PDF - 184 KB)
An efficient data center is the critical facilitator of the modern extended enterprise. It is the key to spurring innovation while significantly reducing costs.
Cisco MDS 9000 SSN-16 Module
This high-performance, flexible, unified platform facilitates deployment of enterprise-class SAN extension and intelligent fabric applications.