A New Benchmark for Storage Networks
Gain more than three times the bandwidth than any currently available SAN director. MDS 9700 Series Switches deliver superior performance. They can adapt to accommodate future mission-critical applications, massive amounts of data, and cloud environments. A fault-tolerant design and multi-protocol flexibility support non-stop operations and freedom of choice.
Multiprotocol Storage Networking
Scalable, Flexible and Programmable SAN. (PDF - 337 KB)See Brochure
Migrate to 16 Gigabits Now
Experience exceptional growth, application proliferation, scale with 9700 models.Read White Paper
Features and Capabilities
Cisco MDS 9700 Series Multilayer Directors address the stringent requirements of large, virtualized, data center storage environments. They provide uncompromised availability, scalability, flexibility, security, ease of management, and transparent integration of new technologies.
Cisco MDS 9700 Series Multilayer Directors offer:
- Outstanding SAN performance
- High availability with fully redundant components, including fabric cards, supervisors, and power supplies
- Industry-leading scalability
- Intelligent network features such as virtual SAN technology, ACLs, intelligent frame processing, and fabric-wide QoS
Specifications at a Glance
- MDS 9718: 18-slot chassis with 16 line card slots and up to 16 power supplies
- MDS 9710: 10-slot chassis with eight line card slots and up to eight power supplies
- MDS 9706: 6-slot chassis with four line card slots and up to four power supplies
- All offer two supervisor slots, six crossbar switching fabric slots, and three fan trays
Performance and Scalability
- Up to 48-Tbps Fibre Channel switching bandwidth
- 2/4/8-Gbps, 4/8/16-Gbps, or 10-Gbps line-rate autosensing Fibre Channel (optionally configurable)
- 10/40-Gbps line-rate FCoE
Ports Per Chassis
Up to 768 2/4/8/10/16-Gbps Fibre Channel or 10-Gbps FCoE ports or 384 40-Gbps FCoE.
Ports Per Rack
Up to 1152 2/4/8-Gbps, 4/8/16-Gbps, or 10-Gbps Fibre Channel, or 10-Gbps FCoE ports
Flexible, Scalable, Programmable SANs
Learn five key reasons why you should choose Cisco MDS Directors.Read Now
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director
Cisco MDS 9706 Multilayer Director
Interfaces and Modules