Cisco 2015 Annual Security Report
Learn how attackers profit from the gaps between a defender's intent and actions.
Paying the Price for Gaps Between Defenders’ Intent and Action
Despite advances by the security industry, criminals continue to break through security defenses. And attackers now realize that bigger and bolder attacks are not always better.
New threat intelligence and trend analyses reveal how attackers take advantage of the gaps between the defenders’ intent and action. Such lapses leave attackers free to conceal malicious activity, evade detection, and accomplish their mission.
The Cisco 2015 annual security report discusses the current state of enterprise security preparedness and describes:
- How patching just 1 percent of vulnerabilities can increase security
- What the emerging vulnerabilities are and why subtler attack methods are being used
- Which industry verticals and regions are at most risk for malware
- How users and IT teams are unwitting enablers of attacks
- Cisco 2014 Midyear Security Report
Weak links in the threat landscape identified
- Cisco 2014 Annual Security Report
Read the latest threats and resolution strategies critical to organizations.
- Cisco 2013 Annual Security Report (PDF - 2.6 MB)
You have to know the threats to stop them. It's not a question of if – but when and how – Internet criminals will get into your network.
- Cisco 2011 Annual Security Report (PDF - 1.5 MB)
The impact of BYOD, "hacktivism," and social media on the global threat landscape in 2011.
- Cisco 4Q11 Global Threat Report (PDF - 365 KB)
Perspective on top threats that occurred from October through December 2011.
- Cisco 2Q11 Global Threat Report (PDF - 1.3 MB)
Perspective on top threats that occurred from April through June 2011.
- Cisco 2010 Security Report (PDF - 4.2 MB)
Read about 2010 global threats and trends, plus new research about changing worker attitudes on the workplace, technology, and security.
- Cisco 1Q11 Global Threat Report (PDF - 1.3 MB)
Gain insight on top threats that occurred from January through March 2011.
- Cisco 4Q10 Global Threat Report (PDF - 940 KB)
Gain insight on top threats that occurred from October through December 2010.
- Cisco 2010 Midyear Security Report (PDF - 7.8 MB)
Get an overview of Cisco security intelligence, including information about new threats and trends, for the first half of 2010.
- Cisco 3Q10 Global Threat Report (PDF - 1 MB)
Read about top threats that occurred from July through September 2010.