Beyond Traditional Routing
The network router is quickly transforming from a device dedicated to connecting disparate networks to an integrated services device capable of multiple functions beyond routing. More Cisco customers are deploying integrated services routers -- sophisticated network routers that deliver voice, video, data and Internet access, wireless, and other applications.
Technological Benefits of the Integrated Services Router
Growing companies, especially those opening new offices, can take advantage of Cisco routing solutions that are highly secure, flexible, and built to be compatible with future technologies.
- One Device, Multiple Functions: Consolidate multiple services onto a single box. The Cisco Integrated Services Router Generation 2 (ISR G2) offers broad services including security, wireless, video, unified communications, WAN optimization and customizable virtual services on a single routing device.
- WAN Performance: Deliver next-generation WAN and network service requirements. The Cisco ISR G2 delivers up to 350 Mbps WAN performance with services.
- Video: Use the on-board digital signal processors (DSPs) of Cisco ISR G2 platforms to power business grade video applications including video streaming, digital signage, video surveillance, and telepresence with T1/E1 links.
- Services Virtualization: Deploy customizable services on demand using the innovative Cisco Services Ready Engine (SRE) .
- Simplified Management:Manage your network from a central location and simplify troubleshooting with a single universal Cisco IOS Software image on the Cisco ISR G2.
Network services are either built in or easily added to the router. Your organization only needs to install one sophisticated device, rather than purchase separate products for each individual function.
From reduced capital and operating expenses to increased productivity, the advantages of integrated services routers apply, regardless of the size of your company. A small company with two offices can benefit as much as a company with hundreds of branch offices.
Routing Case Studies
Customers report positive business results with Cisco routing technology.Read Case Studies
The Fastest Path to the Cloud Is the Network
Never before has the network been more relevant. Position your business for success with Cisco Cloud Connected.Learn How