High Performance Cloud Services
Cisco ASR 1001-X Router delivers scale, performance, and security in a compact platform.
The Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC) solution is a suite of services in Cisco network devices that provides application-level classification, monitoring, and traffic control, to:
- Improve business-critical application performance
- Support capacity management and planning
- Reduce network operating costs
The Cisco AVC solution is provided within the Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2), Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Service Routers (ASR 1000s), and Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
The Cisco AVC solution helps you:
- Identify and classify over 1000 applications
- Monitor basic flow statistics, response time, latency, jitter, and other performance metrics by application
- Set different quality of service (QoS) priorities based on applications
- Dynamically choose network paths, based on performance
- Export application performance metrics, using NetFlow Version 9 or IP information export
Gain visibility and control of your applications with Cisco AVC. (03:24 min)
The benefits of Cisco AVC include:
- Improved quality of user experience, through application-aware network optimization and control
- Better network capacity management and planning, through greater visibility of application usage and performance
- Lower operating costs, through integrated solution available for branch, WAN aggregation, and Internet edge
- Faster troubleshooting and less network downtime
Cisco Prime Infrastructure
To simplify Cisco AVC management and reporting, you can use Cisco Prime Infrastructure to:
- Achieve fast time- to-value with one-click configuration
- Holistically monitor the health of your network and services from a single point of view
- Identify and respond to issues, using dashboards and workflows that provide optimum insight with minimal effort
- Deliver a superior user experience, with a 360-degree view of each user, their devices, and their applications
- Rapidly restore service levels, with closely integrated device provisioning and configuration functions
Cisco Prime Infrastructure unifies lifecycle management with service assurance in the Unified Access One Management solution. This increases network administration efficiency, while improving network operations and application performance.
LiveAction software provides intuitive, comprehensive, highly integrated, application-aware visualization and management for the Cisco Intelligent WAN (IWAN) solution, including Cisco AVC. LiveAction offers:
- AVC visualization, reporting, and configuration
- QoS monitoring and policy configuration, including AVC's application-aware QoS
- AVC path control visualization and reporting (using Performance Routing (PfR))
- Real-time network health and status
LiveAction licenses are resold via the Cisco Solutions Plus program. Software support, including right to new versions, is provided directly from LiveAction.
Many management vendors support Cisco AVC. Through the Cisco Developer Network, the Cisco AVC partner program certifies third-party applications as interoperable with Cisco technologies.
Partners who successfully pass a Cisco-created set of test cases are eligible to receive Cisco Certified Solution status, and can be placed in the Cisco Solutions Catalog. The program has been very successful in producing strong support for all engaged third-party management partners.
To view third-party solutions for Cisco AVC, go to the Cisco Marketplace.
- Cisco AVC User Guide
- LiveAction Datasheet (PDF - 259 KB)
- LiveAction resources
- Cisco Application Visibility and Control (PDF - 566 KB)
- Application Visibility and Control for IPv6 (PDF - 572 KB)
- AVC Supported Applications (PDF - 1 MB)
- Cisco PfR: Use Path Control to Solve the Challenges of Application Performance
- LiveAction: GUI-Based Management and Visualization for Cisco Intelligent WAN (PDF - 1.99 MB)
- Education on Leading Networks (PDF - 216 KB)
- A&E Firm Helps Ensure Priority Handling for Critical Apps (PDF - 197 KB)
- French Service Provider Invests in Cisco Cloud Control (PDF - 200 KB)
- Company Accelerates Application Performance Troubleshooting