Provide a Better Branch Experience
Cisco Integrated Services Routers conserve bandwidth and simplify network management.
Pay As You Grow
Cisco 4451-X ISR helps you prepare for the future needs of your branch network.
AVC Solution Demonstration
Learn how you can benefit from the Cisco AVC solution. (4:31 min)
The Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC) solution is a suite of services in Cisco network devices that provides application-level classification, monitoring, and traffic control, to:
- Improve business-critical application performance
- Support capacity management and planning
- Reduce network operating costs
The Cisco AVC solution is provided within the Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2), Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Service Routers (ASR 1000s), and Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
The AVC Portal
Learn more about Application Visibility and Control (AVC)Go To The Portal
Help Ensure App Priority
See how Cisco AVC anchors one firm's centralized network management strategy (PDF - 197.2 KB)Read Case Study
The Cisco AVC solution helps you:
- Identify and classify over 1000 applications
- Monitor basic flow statistics, response time, latency, jitter, and other performance metrics by application
- Set different quality of service (QoS) priorities based on applications
- Dynamically choose network paths, based on performance
- Export application performance metrics, using NetFlow Version 9 or IP information export
The benefits of Cisco AVC include:
- Improved quality of user experience, through application-aware network optimization and control
- Better network capacity management and planning, through greater visibility of application usage and performance
- Lower operating costs, through integrated solution available for branch, WAN aggregation, and Internet edge
- Faster troubleshooting and less network downtime
Cisco Prime Infrastructure
To simplify Cisco AVC management and reporting, you can use Cisco Prime Infrastructure to:
- Achieve fast time- to-value with one-click configuration
- Holistically monitor the health of your network and services from a single point of view
- Identify and respond to issues, using dashboards and workflows that provide optimum insight with minimal effort
- Deliver a superior user experience, with a 360-degree view of each user, their devices, and their applications
- Rapidly restore service levels, with closely integrated device provisioning and configuration functions
Cisco Prime Infrastructure unifies lifecycle management with service assurance in the Unified Access One Management solution. This increases network administration efficiency, while improving network operations and application performance.
Many management vendors support Cisco AVC. Through the Cisco Developer Network, the Cisco AVC partner program certifies third-party applications as interoperable with Cisco technologies.
Partners who successfully pass a Cisco-created set of test cases are eligible to receive Cisco Certified Solution status, and can be placed in the Cisco Solutions Catalog. The program has been very successful in producing strong support for all engaged third-party management partners.
To view third-party solutions for Cisco AVC, go to the Cisco Marketplace.
- Cisco Application Visibility and Control (PDF - 566 KB)
- Application Visibility and Control for IPv6 (PDF - 572 KB)
- AVC Supported Applications (PDF - 1 MB)