The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches provide superior Power over Ethernet (PoE) scalability.
Features and benefits include the following:
- PoE scalability: Support for up to 420 IEEE class 3 (15.4 Watt) PoE devices in a single chassis with full redundancy reduces total cost of ownership for high-density PoE deployments.
- Multiple inputs: Scales the system power depending on need, with fully isolated inputs providing flexibility.
- AC power supplies: 3000 Watt (single input), 6000 Watt (dual input), and highest-capacity 8700 Watt (triple input)
- DC power supplies: 2500 Watt and 4000 Watt
- Upgrade capability: Hot swappable in Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches and can interoperate with any lower capacity AC or DC power supply in the system.