Cyber Security: A Foundation for Federal Security
Developing an architectural approach to cybersecurity for the federal IT enterprise is extremely complex. To simplify, Cisco integrated federal security solutions focus on four important areas of cybersecurity.
- Integrated threat detection and defense
- Cloud computing and data center security
- Identity-based network solutions
- Highly secure remote access
An architectural approach based on these four areas provides information assurance and compliance with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) regulations. It also supports cost-saving initiatives, such as cloud computing, telework, and citizen self-service.
Solutions in Borderless Networks
Information assurance is delivered by network-based security, which helps agencies comply with federal regulations and provides an architectural platform for active, automated, real-time threat management.
- Cisco Cloud Security Overview (PDF - 273 KB)
- Cisco Data Loss and Prevention Solutions (PDF - 3.4 MB)
- Cisco Identity Solutions (PDF - 4.2 MB)
- Cisco Malware Defense Solutions (PDF - 3.6 MB)
- Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (PDF - 7.4 MB)
- Cisco Wireless Security Solutions - External Threats (PDF - 5.7 MB)
- Cisco Wireless Security Solutions - Layer 2 Attacks (PDF - 4.3 MB)
- Cybersecurity Solutions (PDF - 1 MB)
Implementation White Papers and Architectures
A common infrastructure integrates security throughout the network with processes and technologies designed to adapt to new threats.
- Turn It On: Use Embedded Cisco IOS Cyber Security Features for Your Network (PDF - 1.0 MB)
- Cybersecurity: Build Trust, Visibility, and Resilience (PDF - 343 KB)
- Cisco and Public Sector Cyberdefense (PDF - 1.7 MB)
- Cybersecurity in Government: Determining your Priorities for the CNCI (PDF - 5.8 MB)
- Cisco Cybersecurity Data Center Consolidation and Migration Assessment Service (PDF - 1.4 MB)
- Cisco IOS Software Cybersecurity Assessment and Enablement Service (PDF - 897 KB)
- Cisco Security Architecture Assessment Service (PDF - 229 KB)
- Cisco Security Optimization Service (PDF - 204 KB)
- Cisco Cybersecurity Workshop Service (PDF - 1.5 MB)
- Building an Architecture of Trust: The Network's Role in Securing Cyberspace (PDF - 1 MB)
- FISMA Compliance: Mapping NIST Controls (PDF - 189 KB)
- Trusted Internet Connection Architecture for Single Service Providers (PDF - 4.8 MB)
- Cisco IronPort Web Reputation (PDF - 949 KB)
- Cisco Identity-Based Networking Services (PDF - 1 MB)
Experts share insights about federal security topics.
Cyber Threat Defense Solutions
Providing visibility into the most complex and stealthy network threats.
- At-a-Glance: Cisco Cyber Threat Defense Solution (PDF - 728 KB)
- Data Sheet: Cisco Cyber Threat Defense Solution (PDF - 454 KB)
- Solution Overview: Cisco Cyber Threat Defense (PDF - 664 KB)
- Design and Implementation Guide: Cyber Threat Defense Solution 1.0 (PDF - 2 MB)
- Introduction to the Cisco Cyber Threat Defense Solution 1.0 How To Documents (PDF - 1.1 MB)
- Using Cisco CTD for Detecting Data Loss (PDF - 1.8 MB)
- Using Cisco CTD for Detecting Botnet Command and Control (PDF - 1.3 MB)
- Using Cisco CTD for Detecting Internal Malware Spread (PDF - 1.2 MB)
- Using Cisco CTD for Detecting Network Reconnaissance (PDF - 1 MB)
Learn the industry perspective on IT issues and challenges and get the information you need to make the right decisions for your agency. All webcasts are available on demand unless otherwise noted.
Relevant Solution Products
The components of a Cisco security solution are integrated throughout the network to deliver comprehensive, end-to-end protection.
Protect the resources of a private network from unauthorized access to maximize network uptime and operational productivity.
- Attack and Intrusion Prevention
Rapidly and accurately identify and mitigate attempts to infiltrate or attack critical systems.
- Email and Web Security
Prevent spam, viruses, and spyware from entering your network.
- Cisco IronPort Gateway Security Appliances At-A-Glance (PDF - 409 KB)
- Cisco IronPort Email Security Appliances
- Cisco IronPort Web Security Appliances
- Cisco IronPort Security Management Appliances
- Virtual Private Networks
Increase the reach of your network by allowing remote offices, teleworkers, and partners to securely access your network.
- Secure Access Control
Enforce security policy compliance on all devices seeking to access network resources.
- Cisco TrustSec
- Fundamentals of TrustSec
- Network Admission Control (NAC)
- Cisco Network Access Guardian for Federal Government (PDF - 245 KB)
- Security Management
Simplify and automate the tasks associated with security management operations, including configuration, monitoring, analysis, and response.
- An Architectural Approach to Security and FISMA (PDF - 683 KB)
- An Architectural Approach to Security (PDF - 852 KB)
- Security Services
Take a lifecycle services approach to security solutions
- Cisco Security Intelligence Operations iPhone Application
- Cisco Security Architecture Assessment Service (PDF - 852 KB)
- Architecture Assessment Service for FISMA (PDF - 683 KB)
- Physical Security
Run voice, data, and video communications over a single, converged network.