Deploy Faster OpenStack Clouds
Learn about Cisco validated solutions for deploying UCS and Red Hat OpenStack Platform. (04:52 min)
Customer Case Study
Photobucket deploys Cisco infrastructure running OpenStack
Today's highly competitive business climate creates many challenges for IT departments. Managers often demand the delivery of more business applications and services on a moment's notice. Yet the IT staff may already be struggling with a data center infrastructure that fails to keep pace, and pushes the boundaries of budget constraints.
Cloud computing is rapidly transforming businesses and organizations. It helps them meet these challenges by providing access to a flexible, agile, and cost-effective IT infrastructure.
Get details on OpenStack networking plugins for Cisco Nexus Series Switches.Read Data Sheet
Group Based Policy for OpenStack
Using policies to rapidly deploy and manage OpenStack cloudsRead White Paper
Find out how Cisco Services help you adapt, extend, and integrate OpenStack with your infrastructure and cloud architecture.Read At-a-Glance
Comprehensive, Scalable Solutions
OpenStack is an open source cloud operating system developed by a community of open source developers and participating organizations. This initiative aims to deliver solutions for all types of clouds, whether public, private, or hybrid. The solutions are designed to be easy to implement, massively scalable, and comprehensive in features.
An open source platform means you are never locked into a proprietary vendor. It also provides you with tremendous choice from an ecosystem of industry-leading technologies. Cisco's comprehensive set of open APIs facilitates custom development in the growing cloud ecosystem.
Cisco's unified, flexible approach for OpenStack helps to enable the rapid delivery of cloud infrastructure and applications with the right quality of service. With Cisco UCS Solution Accelerator Paks and the Cisco UCS installer, you can quickly deploy OpenStack solutions on an industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure from Cisco. With the Cisco Nexus Plug-in for OpenStack Neutron, you can easily configure and manage the leading data center switching platform. The introduction of the new Cisco Nexus 1000v virtual switch plugin provides a comprehensive and extensible architectural platform for virtual machine and cloud networking.
Services That Meet Your Needs
Cisco also offers a host of professional services for OpenStack initiatives. These include:
- Cisco Assessment and Validation Services, which help organizations pilot OpenStack installations in an accelerated timeframe
- Cisco Design and Deployment Services, tailored to customer-specific requirements with optional predefined enhancements
Look to Cisco to guide you through the world of many clouds. Take advantage of our 28 years of experience, 50 million installed devices, and 6 million customer interactions a year. We can help you to deliver business value and ensure best-in-class performance in your organization.
- AAG: Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for OpenStack (UCSO) (PDF - 744 KB)
- Case Study: Photobucket deploys Cisco infrastructure running OpenStack (PDF - 456 KB)
- Cisco OpenStack Installer Documentation
- Cisco Services for OpenStack Data Sheet (PDF - 0.99 MB)
- Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Red Hat OpenStack (PPT - 2.8 MB)
- Cisco UCS: The Right Foundation for OpenStack Deployments (PDF - 2.38 MB)
- Cisco UCS Solution Accelerator Paks for OpenStack Cloud Infrastructure Deployments (PDF - 375 KB)
- CVD: Integration of Cisco Prime Service Catalog with Red Hat OpenShift 1.0 (PDF - 4.00 MB)
- CVD: Red Hat OpenStack Platform 3.0 with Cisco UCS (PDF - 7.7 MB)
- CVD: Red Hat OpenStack Platform 4.0 with Cisco UCS, Nexus and CEPH Storage (PDF - 8.35 MB)
- CVD: Ubuntu OpenStack Architecture on Cisco UCS Platform (PDF - 6.04 MB)
- White Paper: Accelerate Cloud Initiatives with Cisco UCS and Ubuntu OpenStack (PDF - 1.96 MB)
- White Paper: Cisco and Red Hat Simplify Cloud Computing (PDF - 3.65 MB)
- White Paper: SUSE Cloud Integration with Cisco UCS and Nexus Platforms (PDF - 1.0 MB)