University Strengthens IT Security Through FISMA Assessment
University of Texas Health Science Center receives $44 million in research contracts with help of Cisco Services.
Download Case Study (PDF - 1 MB)
For the agencies...having the Cisco name associated with our report added credibility and reassurance that we knew what we were doing.- William Sanns, Director of Information Systems, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, UT Health Science Center
Top health science university must quickly learn about and comply with new federal grant regulations.
- Comply with FISMA as required by new externally funded research projects
- Gain better understanding of what FISMA compliance entails
- Learn best practices for improving research-specific operational security
Cisco Services consultant provides a complete set of assessment methods and procedures established to evaluate the FISMA security controls.
- Cisco FISMA Risk Assessment Service brings knowledge and expertise for compliance
- Detailed assessment of security and risk controls identifies areas for improvement
- Assessment documentation developed for funding agency
The university is granted approval for research studies and now has a methodology and documentation template to work from on future FISMA projects.
- Received approval to move forward with multimillion dollar research projects
- Simplified compliance for future projects with reusable assessment template
- Improved overall IT security by addressing deficiencies identified during assessment