Water Provider Relocates, Modernizes Data Center
Melbourne Water enlists Cisco Services to manage safe, expedited migration to more sustainable, efficient data center.
Download Case Study (PDF - 546 KB)
It wasn't just about the right technical planning. Cisco put themselves in our customers' shoes and thought of how this move could impact the applications that affect them.- Viviann Zavlanos, Chief Information Officer, Melbourne Water
Required a more streamlined, consolidated data center to support growing business requirements and a new EMC Storage Area Network (SAN) system.
- Relocate data center IT assets from existing location to next-generation facility on shortened timetable
- Manage risk and avoid disruptions of mission-critical services and applications
- Increase performance, virtualization capacity, and energy efficiency of data center
Better response time and greater performance overall, in addition to eliminating unnecessary infrastructure.
- Managed smooth data center migration of 260 servers and 60 applications without time extension or service disruption
- Contributed to Melbourne Water's data center sustainability goal of reducing energy consumption by up to 40 percent with associated annual savings of up to AU$250,000
- Improved response time and performance in customer-facing applications