University Enables Collaboration in the Classroom and Beyond
Duke University implemented advanced collaboration tools to support global learning, research, services, and operations.
Collaboration is at the core of good teaching, learning, and research. It is also how innovation occurs, which is the focus of a good educational institution and what's needed in the 21st century.- Greg Jones, Vice President and Vice Provost for Global Strategy and Programs, Duke University
Integrate collaboration into the classroom experience and university processes.
- Educate next generation of global leaders
- Enable collaboration within and outside the university
- Streamline day-to-day university operations
Duke engaged Cisco Services to help plan, design and implement a Cisco Unified Communications solution for the campuses and the medical center.
The consolidation work resulted in a savings of $2.5 million annually in support costs.
- Extended interactive classroom experience to people around the world
- Enabled students, faculty, and staff to collaborate anytime, anywhere
- Saved US$2.5 million annually in communications system support costs
Duke University Connecting a Global Network