Telepresence Solutions for Public Sector
Governments around the world are faced with the challenge of addressing limited resources, the need for real-time collaboration and broad geographic reach. Cisco TelePresence solutions can help governments address these challenges by enhancing citizen services, simplifying collaboration with vendors and contractors, improving inter and intra-agency communications and reducing travel. The Cisco TelePresence portfolio integrates easily with existing network infrastructure and productivity tools, creating a transparent video experience. Interoperability with other video conference platforms, voice and data systems helps ensure maximum return on investment, making the most of personnel and financial resources. Cisco TelePresence can play an important role in reinventing government services and the way government runs.
Featured Case Study: United Nations (COP15)
When the United Nations (UN) selected the Danish Government as host of the Climate Change Conference, the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs prioritized two objectives. First, this had to be the most accessible and inclusive conference ever, cutting across geographical, cultural, financial, and political boundaries. Second, and equally important, they wanted to create the most carbon-efficient climate conference to date. They had to "walk the talk." See how Cisco TelePresence was at the heart of the solution.
Public Sector Applications:
- Continuity of Operations (COOP) — Telepresence can help maintain operations with visual communications, even when circumstances make it impossible to get to work.
- Telework — Improve productivity, enhance communications, create a work life balance and be prepared for emergency with a telepresence-based Telework solution.
- Telehealth / Telemedicine — From federal healthcare in rural towns to sailors at sea, telepresence ensures that patients can receive the best possible care, no matter where they are located.
- Emergency Response — From first responders in the field to central command centers, telepresence ensures the clarity of understanding and the most comprehensive information when it is needed most.
- Secure Communications — Secure communications is critical, which is why Cisco TelePresence is compliant with the highest levels of encryption for "war room" meetings and briefings.
- Tactical Communications — Tactical telepresence solutions get video communications into the most difficult situations in the field, to maximize communications.
- Security and Surveillance — Coordination between law enforcement departments and agencies is critical to ensure security. Telepresence leaves no detail to chance.
- Training and Distance Learning — Make the most of training with live, on-demand, and interactive training.