Proven Firewall and Network Security Platform
The Cisco ASA family of security devices protects corporate networks of all sizes. It provides users with highly secure access to data - anytime, anywhere, using any device. These devices represent more than 15 years of proven firewall and network security leadership, with more than 1 million security appliances deployed throughout the world.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software is the core operating system that powers the Cisco ASA family. It delivers enterprise-class firewall capabilities for ASA devices in an array of form factors - standalone appliances, blades, and virtual. ASA Software also integrates with other critical security technologies to deliver comprehensive solutions that meet continuously evolving security needs.
Among its benefits, Cisco ASA Software:
- Offers integrated IPS, VPN, and Unified Communications capabilities
- Helps organizations increase capacity and improve performance through clustering
- Delivers high availability for high resiliency applications
- Provides context awareness with Cisco TrustSec security group tags and Identity-Based Firewall
- Facilitates dynamic routing and site-to-site VPN on a per-context basis
Cisco ASA software supports next-generation encryption standards, including the Suite B set of cryptographic algorithms. It also integrates with Cisco Cloud Web Security to provide web-based threat protection.