Converged Lifecycle and Assurance Management
Accelerate the rollout of unified access services, providing highly secure access and tracking of mobile devices, while assuring application performance and end-user network experience. Cisco Prime Infrastructure couples end-user awareness and performance visibility with lifecycle management of wired and wireless networks for a powerful unified solution.
Integrate and operate the unified access infrastructure to unlock the business value of the network, and enable operational excellence.
Feature and Capabilities
Cisco Prime Infrastructure combines the wireless functionality of Cisco Prime Network Control System (NCS) and the wired functionality of Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution (LMS), with rich application performance monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities of Cisco Prime Assurance Manager.
This single solution can enable IT organizations to consolidate tools and converge workflows, reducing operational overhead and increasing productivity. It provides a new operational model based on lifecycle processes aligned with the way network operators do their jobs.
Cisco Prime Infrastructure provides:
- Converged wired and wireless management of access, branch, and wide area networks
- Comprehensive network lifecycle management, including user access visibility, inventory, configuration management, plug and play, radio frequency planning, and best practices reporting
- End-to-end application and service assurance visibility to quickly isolate and troubleshoot performance issues, leveraging technologies, such as flexible NetFlow, Network Based Application Recognition (NBAR), and Medianet Performance Agent
- Prime 360 Experience providing a relational, multi-dimensional view of users, applications, and network to simplify the diagnostics and remediation of network and service impacting issues
- Easy deployment and management of Cisco advanced technologies, such as Cisco Adaptive wireless Intrusion Prevention System (wIPS), Cisco CleanAir, VPN, Zone-based Firewall, ScanSafe, and the Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC) solutions
Cisco Prime Infrastructure is built with scalability and extensibility in mind. It has the ability to manage global enterprise networks with thousands of network devices and hundreds of thousands of access devices, or smaller commercial networks with the same level of control and resiliency. It also provides powerful REST-based APIs enabling IT and service organizations to gather and distribute network information for operations, capacity planning, automation, and business intelligence.
Get More from Your Wireless Network
The Cisco Mobility Services Engine provides:
- Location services for advanced spectrum analysis and the detection, and tracking and tracing of rogue devices, interferers, Wi-Fi clients, and RFID tags
- Advanced location services with Mobile Concierge for WLAN monetization and location analytics
- Adaptive Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (wIPS) Service for comprehensive over-the-air threat detection, location, and mitigation
- Cisco Prime Demo Series (PDF - 326 KB)
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Aligns Network Management with Converging Operation Priorities (PDF - 1.2 MB)
Read Enterprise Management Associates whitepaper on the essential drivers and requirements for converging, unifying, and aligning network management.
- Upgrading from Cisco Prime LMS to Prime Infrastructure
Discover new features, review LMS feature transition roadmaps, and deployment best practices.
- Airline Achieves 99.99 Percent Network Availability
Cisco Prime allows KLM to keep their high-demand, high-performance network running smoothly.
- Try Cisco Prime Infrastructure (Cisco.com Login Required)
Download a trial version of Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Talk with Cisco Prime Infrastructure Experts
Visit the Cisco Support Community and get answers on Cisco Prime Infrastructure.