Cisco® is pleased to announce that Cisco Unified Presence 6.0 is now orderable. The Cisco Unified Presence software is now available for download from the http://www.cisco.com software center. Media kits are available to start shipping immediately.
Key Features and Benefits
• Enhanced presence features and services for mobility and Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0(1): These features allow Cisco Unified Presence to reflect the presence status of multiple devices associated with the same end user. Cisco Unified Presence supports Mobile Phone Busy, Idle, Do Not Disturb (DND), and Cisco IP Phone Do Not Disturb.
• New presence rules, policy enhancements, and filtering capabilities: These new features allow for greater user preference settings and control of presence state. A new rules GUI now appears on the Cisco Unified Presence administration and end user pages that provide management of reachability rules and policy.
• Interoperability with Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 1.2.: All Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 1.2 features are supported in Cisco Unified Presence 6.0(1). Cisco Unified Presence 6.0(1) also includes a new mechanism that keeps a user's profile settings on the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator client and Cisco Unified Presence server synchronized automatically.
• Integration of calendaring and meeting notifications: Cisco Unified Presence allows Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 calendaring information to be extended to Cisco IP Phone Messenger and Cisco Unified Personal Communicator clients. You can choose to use Exchange calendar information (Free or Busy Time) to automatically keep your presence state (Available or In Meeting) synchronized automatically. In addition, you can receive Cisco Unified MeetingPlace® meeting notifications and join those meetings using the Single Button Join feature.
• Infrastructure enhancements, including:
– Intercluster interoperability: Intercluster interoperability provides interdomain and intercluster routing capabilities and allows you to add buddies outside your Cisco Unified Presence cluster to your contact list and still exchange presence information as well as instant messaging.
– Microsoft LCS scalability (up to 10,000 Microsoft Office Communicator [MOC] users): Cisco Unified Presence 6.0(1) uses the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Super Provider and multiple computer telephony integration (CTI) links to provide increased scalability for MOC user support.
• Security enhancements, including:
– Intercluster and Cisco Unified Personal Communicator client to Cisco Unified Presence server communications are now secured using Transport Layer Security (TLS).
– Administration now uses HTTPS exclusively.
• Support for core enterprise SIP proxy capabilities required for the Cisco Voice Proxy application
• Serviceability enhancements for improved maintenance: Examples include simplified logging and an enhanced Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) interface for Cisco Unified Presence.
• Interface to Cisco Unified Application Environment to allow for more rapid presence services development
New Product Hold
1. Place an order for the software. You can place an order using normal purchasing methods from Cisco, a distributor, or a partner.
2. Fill out one (1) new product hold clearance Web form. Please include as much detail as possible.
3. The new product hold review team will review the order within 3 business days. Under normal circumstances the review will occur within 1 business day.
4. You will receive a notification by e-mail.
5. The new product hold review team will authorize release of the new product hold. Manufacturing actually clears the orders, and it usually takes 1 to 2 business days for the order to be fully cleared.
6. When new product hold is cleared, normal order fulfillment follows.
Note: The new product hold review team cannot escalate orders. Use the Cisco Global Contact Center (GCC) if you have any questions about specific orders. The Cisco GCC can be reached by:
• Calling 800 553-6387, option 3
• Opening a case by using the Case Management Tool
• Sending an e-mail message to email@example.com
For More Information