Pervasive Conferencing Briefing
Explore features that differentiate new Cisco video, WebEx, and unified communications.
Cisco TelePresence conferencing delivers exceptional face-to-face collaboration experiences through life-like video, audio, and content sharing. Cisco WebEx Meeting Center provides easy-to-use, highly secure web conferencing for millions of users across platforms.
By bringing together these two powerful collaboration solutions, you can create an environment where people can easily work together, from anywhere, using a wide variety of endpoints and devices, including mobile.
Extend Your Conferencing Circle to Anyone Within and Beyond Your Organization
WebEx enabled TelePresence can enable any user with a standards-based video endpoint or WebEx client to join your meeting. Broaden the reach of your discussions and simplify the experience for all participants. Expand your calling circle to anyone, anywhere, on any video-enabled device, including smartphones and tablets.
- Capitalize on your collaboration time with simplified scheduling and easily start meetings with a single button
- Get rapid return on WebEx and telepresence investments, and extend web collaboration to thousands of users worldwide
Easily Schedule and Attend Meetings
To schedule a meeting, an organizer can use the familiar capability of Microsoft Outlook for Windows, enabled by the WebEx Productivity Tools plug-in or Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS). The host simply selects the participants, adds the preferred telepresence endpoints, and includes the WebEx information.
All participants receive one meeting invitation with all the information about how to join through telepresence or WebEx. When it's time to start the meeting, the telepresence participants can join by pushing a single button.
During the meeting, all attendees see the active speaker—both from the telepresence endpoint and the WebEx meeting. This solution supports screen resolutions up to 720p high definition, depending on settings and network capacity.
All meeting participants can also share content such as files, documents, or presentations, and meetings can be recording using the WebEx recording feature. The telepresence users simply connect the VGA or HDMI cable to their laptop and select sharing mode.
The content is automatically shared with all attendees, including those joining through WebEx, even on mobile phones or tablets. WebEx users can also easily share their content so that everyone in the meeting can work together on creating documents, reviewing content, and approving changes—all in real time.
- Highly secure two-way video sharing with up to HD 720p screen resolution between the WebEx Meeting Center and standards-based video endpoints
- Integrated audio and data sharing, including application and desktop content sharing among all users in a meeting
- Improved integrated conference scheduling through a single interface.
- Cisco WebEx Enabled TelePresence Release Notes
- Cisco WebEx and TelePresence Scheduling with Smart Scheduler and WebEx Scheduling Mailbox Quick Reference Guide (PDF - 177.20 KB)
- Cisco WebEx and TelePresence Scheduling with the WebEx and TelePresence Integration to Outlook Quick Reference Guide (PDF - 281.71 KB)
- Cisco WebEx Enabled TelePresence Configuration Guide (PDF - 5.70 MB )
- Cisco WebEx Enabled TelePresence Configuration Guide
Log in to access tools and resources.