Improve your subscribers’ experience while controlling network costs from increased data traffic with Cisco Policy and Charging Control. This solution offers:
- Resource management: fair usage, traffic optimization, and time-based differential charging policies
- Personalization services: automated use notification, tiered services, parental control, and roaming management policies
- New services creation: turbo service for a dynamic upgrade, and location-based differential and on-net preferential charging policies
Cisco Policy and Charging Control helps you:
- Deploy a Third-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) standards-based solution to increase flexibility
- Move to 4G with only a software upgrade
- Get low total cost of ownership and high performance and function
This capability includes:
- Cisco Intelligent Policy Control Function (IPCF) to support volume usage management in both centralized and distributed environments.
- Cisco Subscriber Service Controller (SSC) for exchanging both static and dynamic subscriber profile data with the Cisco IPCF.
- Cisco Policy Provisioning Tool (PPT) GUI for facilitating the definition of policy rules and managing their distribution to the deployed Cisco SSC and Cisco IPCF nodes.
The enforcement capability enforces policies on subscriber authentication, access and services, authorization, and accounting mobility.
The charging function includes:
- Online charging system (OCS) for real-time credit control and quota management for subscriber data sessions
- Offline charging system (OFCS) to receive charging data after a subscriber uses network resources
This 3GPP-compliant Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) supports volume usage management in both centralized and distributed environments.
This 3GPP-compliant Subscriber Policy Register (SPR) supports the exchange of static and dynamic subscriber profile data with the Cisco IPCF.
This GUI makes it easy to define policy rules and manage their distribution to the deployed Cisco SSC and IPCF nodes.
Offer new services and shape the subscriber experience while helping to ensure efficient traffic flow over a simplified network topology.
Accelerate your success in deploying a mobile network with Cisco Mobile Wireless Solutions for Service Providers.