The Future of the Internet is Here
Hear about CGv6 (2:46 min).Watch Video
Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
Hear Dr. Shin Miyakawa of NTT Japan and Dr. Xing Li of CERNET China discuss the importance of IPv6 (3:20 min).Watch Video
Cisco Helps Assure Internet's Future Amid Device GrowthRead Press Release
Welcome to the Future of the Internet
As we near the date when the last IPv4 address is assigned to a new subscriber, service providers must maintain and continue to accelerate growth. Billions of new devices such as mobile phones, portable multimedia devices, sensors, and controllers will demand Internet connectivity in the next five years.
The Cisco Carrier-Grade IPv6 Solution (CGv6) is designed to help address these challenges. With Cisco CGv6, you can:
- Preserve investments in IPv4 infrastructure, assets, and delivery models
- Prepare for the smooth, incremental transition to IPv6 services that are interoperable with IPv4
- Prosper through accelerated subscriber, device, and service growth that are enabled by the efficiencies that IPv6 can deliver
Cisco CGv6 extends the already wide array of IPv6 platforms, solutions, and services. Cisco is introducing a Carrier-Grade Services Engine (CGSE) for the CRS-1 family, as well as new features for the ASR family. Cisco CGv6 helps you build a bridge to the future of the Internet with IPv6.
Cisco Services for CGv6
Adopt IPv6 in a controlled, safe, and cost-effective manner, thereby reducing risk to the business. Services are available to help across all phases of the network lifecycle - from initial planning and audits through deploying, operating, and optimizing along with program management.
- IPv6 Discovery Workshop: Determines high-level business needs and develops a service strategy.
- Readiness Assessment: For network devices and software to determine supportability for IPv6.
- Solution Definition: Provides an operational model to transition to a network that supports IPv6. A gap analysis contributes to the creation of the high-level design.
- Design: The development of a low-level design that includes a detailed address strategy and configuration templates.
- Deployment: Includes an implementation plan, a pilot, deployment and migration, acceptance testing, and IT staff training.
- Operate: Includes solution triage and break-fix support for hardware and software.
- Optimize: Includes base operate plus infrastructure remote management, operations team mentoring, and solution optimization.
Cisco CRS Carrier-Grade Services Engine Interface Module
Comcast Deploys Scalable, Reliable, IPv6 Services
IPv6 Trends and Industry Progress
NTT, CERNET video on Youtube
The New Internet Protocol (IP NGN Speakers Series with Stephen Liu) - Recording