Evolved Programmable Network Products
Our Evolved Programmable Network is the basis for innovative capabilities across the cloud to the core, the edge, and the customer premises. As the network infrastructure layer, the Evolved Programmable Network consists of physical and virtual devices working together to form an end-to-end unified fabric.
The Evolved Programmable Network is comprised of the following building blocks.
The Evolved Programmable Network infrastructure consists of physical and virtual devices converging fixed and mobile access throughout the networking edge, core, and transport.
Learn about our software for modeling, designing, and analyzing multivendor IP/MPLS networks.
Address your customers’ demand for mobile Internet services. Our products give your network more reach and intelligence. And you can create services more quickly than ever by taking advantage of a virtualized core infrastructure.
Create new synchronized video-driven experiences across devices that are more visual, social, and interactive.
Build a data center network based on switches that promote infrastructure scalability, operational continuity, and transport flexibility.
Optimize your data center and network operations with Cisco cloud and systems management solutions.
These products provide powerful capabilities for service providers to build public, private, and hybrid clouds You can then offer new cloud-centric services and applications, both dynamically and on demand.
For a deeper dive into our network infrastructure portfolio, see the following product details.
Our routers for the backbone of the network provide massive scalability, intelligence, and convergence.
- Industry-leading Cisco nPower X1 network processor units (NPUs)
- Hardware-enabled true zero-packet, zero-topology loss (ZPL/ZTL) In Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
- Ability to scale beyond one petabit in a multi-chassis configuration
- Enhanced operations support
- Packet-optical integration
- Industry-leading performance and advanced services intelligence
- Ideal for service providers across all market segments
- Up to 400 Gbps per slot
- Outstanding efficiency, requiring less power and rack space
Cisco edge routers bring you carrier-class reliability, massive capacity and scalability, and nonstop video and mobile experiences.
- Offers nonstop video, enhanced scalability, and reduced carbon footprint
- Ideal for carriers offering residential, mobile and business services
- Scales up to 96 Tbps per system with comprehensive system redundancy
- Offers unique service- and application-level intelligence
- A highly-scalable, agnostic fabric, supporting shelf and multi-chassis scale to more than 100 Tbps
- Full optical channel data unit (ODU-0) level switching, with ports supporting SONET/SDH, Ethernet, and channelized OTN
- Full IP, MPLS, MPLS-Transport Profile (TP), and Carrier Ethernet switching, supporting 10 Gb, 40 Gb, and 100 Gb Ethernet interfaces with the option of OTN encapsulation
These routers and switches feature application intelligence, unified services, nonstop communications, virtualization, integrated security, and simplified manageability.
- Provides high-performance, carrier-class access and pre-aggregation services
- Ideal for service providers that deliver carrier Ethernet or mobile backhaul services
- Offers fully redundant capabilities in a hardened small-form-factor chassis
- Protects investments with its modular and upgradable design
- Cloud-ready network interface device with software-defined networking (SDN) controller and XML interface
- “Touchless” interface with virtualization on remote host controller
- Maximum 10W power consumption for energy efficiency
- Operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM) features that meet MEF 2.0 standards
- Precise time distribution and nanosecond accuracy
- High-service-availability access switches
- Ideal for service providers that want to deliver advanced Ethernet residential services
- Help enable flexible, differentiated services with high security
- Manage and troubleshoot services remotely
- 1 rack-unit, fixed switch that converges wireless and wireline services
- Ideal for service providers that want to simplify operations and deploy "pay-as-you-grow" business model
- Delivers premium services with hierarchical quality of service
- Provides 10 Gbps transport speed for business and mobile applications
- Cost-effective, 1 rack-unit switch router that facilitates broadband, mobile, and Carrier Ethernet aggregation
- Ideal for broadband aggregation, and mobile backhaul applications
- Offers a small footprint, low power consumption, and a high service scale
- Provides a full-featured platform for remote central office and lower-density aggregation
- Scalable solution for flexible, cost-effective optical fiber access
- Ideal for providers offering services over active or passive optical networks
- Reliable OLT options and flexible ONT/ONU devices
- End-to-end validated solution with other Cisco products
- Seamless platform integration and interoperability
Build network transport with Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) and Packet Optical Transport Systems.
- Touchless programmability, massive scale, and ultra-long-haul performance
- Seamless platform integration and interoperability
- Multilayer network intelligence