Transforming the Desktop
This video whiteboard highlights virtual desktop innovations from Cisco and VMware. (3:48 min)
Cisco VXI with VMware CIS-115789 Tony Paikeday
Cisco and VMware Transform Desktops
Learn how the two companies deliver cost-effective VDI solutions.Watch Webinar
Desktop Virtualization with VMware
Improve VDI with Cisco UCS and VMware View solutions. (PDF - 1.09 MB)Read Overview
Get Started Today for Less
Cisco UCS Solution Accelerator Paks with VMware Horizon View. (PDF - 451 KB)Learn How
Why Choose Cisco and VMware
Desktop Virtualization with VMware Horizon View and Cisco Unified Data Center delivers scalable solutions that simplify management, optimize user experiences, and offer superior price-to-performance ratios for customers of all sizes.
These VDI solutions are fully integrated with VMware vCenter. They offer:
- The industry's fastest-growing blade server solution and the most widely adopted virtualization platforms
- A superior price-to-performance ratio that helps organizations grow deployments to match business demands
- A simplified provisioning and operations model that can spin up virtual desktops in minutes instead of hours or days
- Uncompromised user experiences across user devices and locations, delivered across a QoS-enabled data center and network
- An accelerated path to ROI with competitively priced infrastructure and software that reduces VDI deployment risks and initial capital outlay
Desktop IT managers can now benefit from the combined strengths of Cisco UCS and VMware Horizon View. Deploy and easily scale virtual desktops, free of the guesswork traditionally associated with sizing, installing, and expanding virtual infrastructure.
Customers of all sizes who want to implement desktop virtualization can confidently deploy a day-1 infrastructure that provides an optimized balance of memory, I/O capacity, and CPU processing power. The result is a price to performance ratio that delivers significantly lower incremental costs as virtual desktop seats are added.
With Cisco and VMware solutions, desktops can easily be delivered as a service from a single integrated platform. Now IT can quickly scale up and down desktop services on demand to meet changing business needs and proactively protect against unplanned downtime.
Built with VMware Horizon View and Cisco UCS, which offers a stateless provisioning and operations model, the virtual desktop solution is fully integrated with VMware vCenter. It takes full advantage of Cisco UCS Manager and View Manager with linked clones to help organizations deploy new virtual desktops to users in minutes.
Cisco Validated Designs for Desktop Virtualization with VMware Horizon View
- Cisco Validated Design - VMware View on FlexPod
- Cisco Validated Design - VMware View on Cisco UCS and EMC Storage
- Vblock Solution for VMware View Reference Architecture
- Cisco Reference Architecture for VMware Horizon View and EMC VSPEX
- VMware View, EMC VNX, and Cisco UCS Proven Solution Guide
Cisco Reference Architectures with VMware Horizon View
- Reference Architecture for Cisco UCS with VMware Horizon View and Nimble Storage for 1000 Virtual Desktops
- Reference Architecture for Nexenta Storage with Cisco UCS and VMware Horizon View
- VMware View 5.1 Stateless Reference Architecture with Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI and Cisco UCS
- Cisco Desktop Virtualization with Tegile Zebi Storage for 1000 Virtual Desktops
Additional Cisco Networking Design Guidance for VMware View
The Cisco Unified Computing System unites computing, networking, storage access, and virtualization.
Simplify desktop and application management while increasing security and control with Vmware View. Deliver a personalized high-fidelity experience for end users across sessions and devices.
Enhance regulatory compliance and simplify virtual-environment audit processes with the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway.
Optimizing VMware Horizon View with UCS Storage Accelerator (PDF - 1 MB)
See how Cisco, VMware and Nimble Storage are simplifying VDI
VMware View 5.1 Stateless Reference Architecture with Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI and Cisco UCS
Cisco UCS with Vmware Horizon View: Accelerate Desktop Virtualization Deployments (PDF - 4 MB)
VMware View 5.1 Stateless Reference Architecture with Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI and Cisco UCS (PDF - 1 MB)
Local Government Council Improves Productivity with Highly Resilient Desktop-as-a-Service (PDF - 226 KB)
Banco Azteca Spearheads Desktop Virtualization Initiative (PDF - 230 KB)
Diebold Revolutionizes ATM ‘s with VDI
Global Enterprise Scales to Meet Real-Time Demand (PDF - 327 KB)
Healthcare Provider Streamlines Workflow with Virtual Desktops (PDF - 346 KB)
IPS Offers More Connected Learning at Lower Cost (PDF - 435 KB)
Oak Hills School District (PDF - 638 KB)
Hospital Provides Secure Virtual Desktops to Clinical Staff (PDF - 2 MB)
Cisco Reference Architecture for VMware Horizon View and EMC VSPEX (PDF - 20 MB)
Cisco UCS B200 Blade Server: Uncompromised Virtual Desktop Performance with VMware View 5
Cisco, NVIDIA, and VMware : High-Performance Virtual Desktops (PDF - 1 MB)