Benefits of Desktop Virtualization
Customers share successful deployments of VDI with Cisco and Citrix.
Streamline VDI Deployment
Learn how integrated infrastructure streamlines the deployment and management of VDI.Download White Paper
Cisco Mobile Workspace with Citrix
Cisco and Citrix combine technologies in an enterprise mobility infrastructure solution.Read Press Release
Citrix NetScaler 1000V
Cisco Integrates Citrix NetScaler into Cloud Network Services PortfolioLearn more
Cisco VM-FEX vs Traditional vSwitch
Citrix XenApp hosted shared desktop performance on Cisco UCS. (PDF - 1.02 MB)Download Whitepaper
Why Cisco and Citrix
Give your IT Organization the efficiency, scalability, and security required for successful virtual desktop deployments. Cisco Desktop Virtualization solutions, combined with industry-leading Citrix XenDesktop software, can accelerate desktop virtualization and VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) adoption.
These solutions help enable IT to provide users with a productive, mobile, and highly secure work environment anywhere on multiple devices. They do so through a set of scalable, simplified, and cost-effective data center infrastructures tailored to different delivery models, use cases, and scalability requirements.
Cisco UCS and Desktop Virtualization
Delivered as a core building block of Cisco Desktop Virtualization solutions, the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) is ideally suited for hosting desktop and application virtualization by providing:
- Simplified operations for greater agility
- Massive modular scalability
- Lower operations and infrastructure costs
- Superior deterministic performance
Desktop IT managers can now benefit from the combined strengths of Cisco UCS and Citrix XenDesktop. Deploy and easily scale virtual desktops, free of the guesswork traditionally associated with sizing, installing, and expanding virtual infrastructure.
Customers of all sizes who want to implement desktop virtualization can confidently deploy a "day-1" infrastructure that provides an optimized balance of memory, I/O capacity, and CPU processing power. The result is a price-to performance ratio that delivers significantly lower incremental costs as virtual desktop seats are added.
With Cisco and Citrix solutions, desktops can easily be delivered as a service from a single integrated platform. Now IT can quickly scale up and down desktop services on demand to meet changing business needs and proactively protect against unplanned downtime.
Cisco Validated Designs for Desktop Virtualization with Citrix XenDesktop
- Cisco Solution for EMC VSPEX End User Computing–1000 Seats Citrix XenDesktop 7.5 on VMware ESXi 5.5 (PDF - 9.9 MB)
- FlexPod Datacenter with Citrix XenDesktop 7.1 and Citrix XenServer 6.2 (PDF - 25.5 MB)
- FlexPod Datacenter for 2000 Seats of Citrix XenDesktop 7.1 on VMware vSphere 5.1 (PDF - 25.1 MB)
- 4000 seat VDI with Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 & XenApp 6.5 on Cisco UCS and EMC VNX (PDF - 22.1 MB)
- 500-1000 Seat Citrix XenDesktop 7 on Hyper-V with VNXE (PDF - 10.8 MB)
Cisco Reference Architectures with Citrix XenDesktop
- Deploy 500-Seat Citrix XenApp 7.5 on Cisco UCS with On-Board SAS Storage and LSI Nytro MegaRAID Controller
- Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solution: 200 Seats on XenDesktop 7.1 with LSI Nytro MegaRAID
- Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solution with Nimble Storage: Reference Architecture (PDF - 4 MB)
- Cisco 4000-Seat Mixed-Workload Desktop Virtualization Solution (PDF - 457 KB)
- Cisco 5000-Seat XenDesktop Enterprise VDI Scale-Out (PDF - 359 KB)
- Cisco UCS Storage Accelerator Solution: Optimize Your Desktop Virtualization Infrastructure (PDF - 1 MB)
- Cisco, Citrix, Microsoft, and NetApp Deliver Simplified High Performance Infrastructure for Virtual Desktops (PDF - 538 KB)
Smooth the transition to a Cisco Desktop Virtualization solution by getting the expertise and best practices you need every step of the way.
Deploy, host, and manage virtual desktops on a simpler, more secure and scalable data center infrastructure.
Citrix XenDesktop delivers Windows apps and desktops as secure mobile services. With XenDesktop, IT can mobilize the business, while reducing costs by centralizing control and security for intellectual property.
Reduce deployment risks while accelerating time to value with preconfigured and validated Solution Accelerator Paks from Cisco.
Cisco VXI with Citrix XenDesktop Demo
Cisco and Citrix Partnership
Cisco VXI with Citrix
Simplicity, Scalability, Security
Geometric Engineering Services Company Achieves Efficiency with VDI (PDF - 83 KB)
Meander Medisch Centrum Improves Access to Information (PDF - 970 KB)
Oaks Christian School uses Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solutions to improve educational services for students, faculty, and parents (PDF - 427 KB)
Park Hill School District Provides Next-Generation Learning to Students (PDF - 195 KB)
Seattle Childrens Hospital Case Study (PDF - 511 KB)
University of Tennessee Addresses Business Applications and Operational Requirements
WGZ BANK Improves Workforce Mobility and Productivity (PDF - 361 KB)
Cisco UCS Invicta Series Solid-State Systems (PDF - 1 MB)
Citrix XenDesktop on FlexPod (PDF - 192 KB)
Gain High-Performance Virtual Desktops with Uncompromised 3D Graphics Experience (PDF - 957 KB)
Learn if your organization is ready to enable a mobile workforce (PDF - 2 MB)
Solution Guide for Cisco UCS Accelerator Pak for Desktop Virtualization
Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solution with Nimble Storage: Reference Architecture (PDF - 4 MB)
Cisco UCS B200 M3 Blade Server: Uncompromised Virtual Desktop Performance (PDF - 1 MB)
Cisco UCS C240 M3 Rack Server with NVIDIA GRID and TESLA GPU Cards on Citrix XenServer 6.2 and XenDesktop 7.5 (White Paper) (PDF - 2 MB)
Cisco UCS with Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp White Paper (PDF - 4 MB)
Cisco WAAS Optimized for Citrix XenDesktop
Deploy 200 Citrix XenDesktop 7.1 Hosted Virtual Desktops on Cisco UCS C240 M3 Rack Server with LSI Nytro MegaRAID and SAS Drives
IDC Whitepaper: Streamlining Deployment and Management of Desktop Virtualization (PDF - 463 KB)
Raising the Bar on Desktop Virtualization (PDF - 5 MB)
Speed XenDesktop on the WAN