Benefits of Desktop Virtualization
Customers share successful deployments of VDI with Cisco and Citrix.
Citrix NetScaler 1000V
Cisco Integrates Citrix NetScaler into Cloud Network Services PortfolioLearn more
Cisco VM-FEX vs Traditional vSwitch
Citrix XenApp hosted shared desktop performance on Cisco UCS. (PDF - 1.02 MB)Download Whitepaper
Deliver Superior User Experiences
The Cisco UCS B200 M3 Blade Server now supports 182 Citrix XenDesktop 5.5 virtual desktops. (PDF - 1.20 MB)Read More
Why Cisco and Citrix
Give your IT Organization the efficiency, scalability, and security required for successful virtual desktop deployments. Cisco Desktop Virtualization solutions, combined with industry-leading Citrix XenDesktop software, can accelerate desktop virtualization and VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) adoption.
These solutions help enable IT to provide users with a productive, mobile, and highly secure work environment anywhere on multiple devices. They do so through a set of scalable, simplified, and cost-effective data center infrastructures tailored to different delivery models, use cases, and scalability requirements.
Cisco UCS and Desktop Virtualization
Delivered as a core building block of Cisco Desktop Virtualization solutions, the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) is ideally suited for hosting desktop and application virtualization by providing:
- Simplified operations for greater agility
- Massive modular scalability
- Lower operations and infrastructure costs
- Superior deterministic performance
Desktop IT managers can now benefit from the combined strengths of Cisco UCS and Citrix XenDesktop. Deploy and easily scale virtual desktops, free of the guesswork traditionally associated with sizing, installing, and expanding virtual infrastructure.
Customers of all sizes who want to implement desktop virtualization can confidently deploy a "day-1" infrastructure that provides an optimized balance of memory, I/O capacity, and CPU processing power. The result is a price-to performance ratio that delivers significantly lower incremental costs as virtual desktop seats are added.
With Cisco and Citrix solutions, desktops can easily be delivered as a service from a single integrated platform. Now IT can quickly scale up and down desktop services on demand to meet changing business needs and proactively protect against unplanned downtime.
Cisco Validated Designs for Desktop Virtualization with Citrix XenDesktop
- 500-1000 Seat Citrix XenDesktop 7 on Hyper-V with VNXE (PDF - 10.8 MB)
- Citrix XenDesktop on Flexpod with Citrix XenServer and NetApp Storage (PDF - 4.5 MB)
- Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 on FlexPod with Microsoft Private Cloud 2.0
- Citrix XenDesktop on Cisco UCS with EMC (PDF - 19.6 MB)
- 4000 Seat VDI with Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 & XenApp 6.5 on Cisco Unified Computing System and EMC VNX (PDF - 22.1 MB)
- Cisco Solution for EMC VSPEX Computing for 500 Citrix XenDesktop Users
- Citrix XenDesktop on Flexpod with XenServer and NetApp Storage (PDF - 4.5 MB)
- Citrix XenDesktop on Flexpod with VMware vSphere and NetApp Storage (PDF - 4.5 MB)
- Citrix XenDesktop Built on FlexPod Using Cisco UCS, Microsoft Hyper-V, and NetApp Storage (PDF - 11.5 MB)
- Citrix XenDesktop Using Cisco Unified Computing System, Microsoft Hyper-V, and NetApp Storage (PDF - 11.4 MB)
Cisco Reference Architectures with Citrix XenDesktop
- Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solution with Nimble Storage: Reference Architecture (PDF - 4 MB)
- Cisco 4000-Seat Mixed-Workload Desktop Virtualization Solution (PDF - 457 KB)
- Cisco 5000-Seat XenDesktop Enterprise VDI Scale-Out (PDF - 359 KB)
- Cisco UCS Storage Accelerator Solution: Optimize Your Desktop Virtualization Infrastructure (PDF - 1 MB)
- Cisco, Citrix, Microsoft, and NetApp Deliver Simplified High Performance Infrastructure for Virtual Desktops (PDF - 538 KB)
- Desktop Virtualization Solution for Citrix XenDesktop from Cisco and EMC (PDF - 5 MB)
Smooth the transition to a Cisco Desktop Virtualization solution by getting the expertise and best practices you need every step of the way.
Deploy, host, and manage virtual desktops on a simpler, more secure and scalable data center infrastructure.
Citrix XenDesktop delivers Windows apps and desktops as secure mobile services. With XenDesktop, IT can mobilize the business, while reducing costs by centralizing control and security for intellectual property.
Reduce deployment risks while accelerating time to value with preconfigured and validated Solution Accelerator Paks from Cisco.
Cisco VXI with Citrix XenDesktop Demo
Cisco and Citrix Partnership
Cisco VXI with Citrix
Simplicity, Scalability, Security
Solution Guide for Cisco UCS Accelerator Pak for Desktop Virtualization
Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solution with Nimble Storage: Reference Architecture (PDF - 4 MB)
Cisco UCS with Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp: Accelerate Desktop and Application Virtualization Deployment (PDF - 4 MB)
Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solutions with Citrix XenDesktop White Paper (PDF - 5 MB)
Cisco WAAS Optimized for Citrix XenDesktop
Network Quality-of-Service Design for Citrix Multi-Stream ICA
Speed XenDesktop on the WAN
Park Hill School District Provides Next-Generation Learning to Students (PDF - 195 KB)
Australia's SWARH Selects Cisco to Bring Desktop Virtualization and Collaboration Together to Improve Patient Care
Oaks Christian School uses Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solutions to improve educational services for students, faculty, and parents (PDF - 431 KB)
Richland School District Graduates to Low-cost, Any-device Desktops on Demand
University of Tennessee Addresses Business Applications and Operational Requirements
Seattle Children's Hospital Deploys Desktop Virtualization with Unsurpassed Performance (PDF - 515 KB)