Call Center or Multichannel Contact Center?
Now You Can Have Both
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise delivers a comprehensive solution that transforms your call center into a Multichannel Contact Center.
New trends in call center technology are transforming the traditional call center into a multichannel contact center. These advancements integrate today's wide range of media and data channels to create a unified contact center environment that includes:
- Multichannel (voice, text chat, Web collaboration, e-mail, and video) services on converged networks
- Customer relationship management (CRM) and business applications
- IP networks and IP-based voice applications
The Cisco Unified Communications system includes a comprehensive solution to help you integrate these technologies into your enterprise and move to the next phase of customer contact - from call center to Multichannel Contact Center.
From Call Center to Multichannel Contact Center
Unlike a traditional call center built around legacy time-division multiplexing (TDM) -based telecommunications, a Multichannel Contact Center is built on an IP-based architecture that supports a continuously evolving suite of multichannel services to enhance the customer experience.
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise is a strategic platform that enables you to move from a call center to an IP-based Customer Interaction Network. Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions help extend customer service capabilities across your entire organization, giving your business a more integrated and collaborative approach to customer satisfaction.
A State-of-the-Art Call Center Solution
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise provides a state-of-the-art IP-based call center solution that allows you to integrate inbound and outbound voice applications with Internet applications. This integration allows for unified capabilities, helping a single agent support multiple interactions simultaneously, regardless of which communications channel the customer has chosen.
Call Center Routing Capabilities and Benefits
The routing functions of Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise provide the intelligent distribution of contacts as they enter the company's call center network.
When a customer in the call center requires redirection, Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise applies business logic, sending the contact to the best available enterprise resource.
Other routing capabilities and benefits for your call center include:
- Customer profile routing extends the sources of data available for making contact routing decisions in the call center and for populating agent desktop applications
- Web interaction management helps call center agents respond immediately to customer questions using your Website, text chat, or real-time Web collaboration
- E-mail interaction management provides a comprehensive solution for managing large volumes of customer e-mail inquiries
- The Cisco Outbound Option complements the powerful inbound call-handling capability of the Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise platform
Call Center Agent Capabilities and Benefits
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise delivers a rich set of data to business applications, providing information to the call center agent's desktop.
Capabilities and benefits for your call center agents include:
- Network-to-desktop computer telephony integration (CTI) with minimal custom development or systems integration helps your organization implement CTI cost-effectively
- Universal Queue accurately reports on an agent's tasks and activities, with real-time displays depicting the call center agent's current task and time associated with it
- Remote agent support provides identical user interfaces to call center agents regardless of location
- Cisco Unified IP IVR facilitates self-service applications to maximize call center agents' time
- Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal operates with both time-division multiplexing (TDM) and the IP-based call center to provide a call-management and call-treatment solution
Call Center Management Features
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise allows supervisors to view call center agent status, send text chat messages to agents, interrupt or intercept calls, record conversations, and silently monitor agent calls.
Other benefits for call center managers include:
- Streamlined administration for centralized management of the call center
- Mission-critical call center reporting made possible by real-time and historical data
- The Cisco Unified Contact Center Management Portal provides a Web-based user interface to simplify administration
Call Center System Enhancements
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise software takes advantage of industry-standard hardware platforms, giving your call center the benefits of many software functions at a modest hardware cost.
The open architecture of the system, which includes an Open Database Connectivity (ODBC-compliant database—as well as Java, COM, and .NET interfaces for CTI applications—preserves investments by integrating with existing call center solutions.
Other benefits for your call center system include the following:
- The software-based system scales easily without causing obsolescence of any call center components
- Distributed fault tolerance made possible by self-diagnostics and self-healing features allows the system to take advantage of redundant components
- The latest in call center security and data integrity features includes support from Cisco Security Agent