Give Mobile Workers the Tools to Be Most Effective
Today's mobile user is not a rare breed. Sixty-five percent of knowledge workers require mobile connectivity to do their jobs and each week, 62 percent of employees work in multiple locations Source: IBM. Ensuring their productivity requires making sure they can connect—to information and to each other—all the time.
"The era of the PC has ended. Employees are becoming more mobile and looking for ways to still be connected wherever work needs to be done," says Phil Redman, research vice president, Gartner.
- Have a primary office, which may be a home office, but also work elsewhere
- Travel to company, customer, and vendor facilities—locally, nationally, and internationally
- Spend the majority of an average day in meetings—in person, on video, or by phone with screen sharing
- Interact with people in multiple locations and time zones over email, video, and instant messaging
- Participate in and lead scheduled and spontaneous meetings with people in multiple locations
Mobile users need to:
- Access networks and applications using multiple devices, including smartphones, laptops, and tablets
- Respond to information in real time through email, messaging, and voice
- Collaborate on shared information with multiple teams and locations
Collaboration Use Cases
Explore how collaboration implementations can help mobile users.
Primary Use Cases
- Enable mobile workers and BYOD
Use mobile devices as a highly secure extension of the network.
- Support teleworkers and branch offices
Work more securely and build relationships from multiple locations.
- Locate and access remote experts
Identify, locate, and connect with available subject experts in real time using audio and video.
- Enable meetings with remote participants
Use web conferencing to allow people to attend meetings from anywhere.
Secondary Use Cases
- Create flexible work areas
Create work areas that address increasing numbers of mobile workers.
- Deliver rich media for virtual desktops
Deploy flexible, highly secure desktop virtualization with the rich voice and video.
- Create communities and team workspaces
Create online spaces where virtual teams can interact.
- Deliver online events and training
Allow users to participate in live and recorded events, meetings, and training.
BYOD: A Global Perspective
Cisco IBSG uncovered key insights about trends in BYOD and desktop virtualization.Read Insights (PDF - 1.7 MB)
Mobility Your Way
Work across multiple devices with messaging, conferencing, and shared workspaces.Learn More