Enhance Productivity and Borderless Collaboration
Cisco Unified Presence is a standards-based enterprise platform that brings people together in and across organizations in the most effective way. This open and extensible platform facilitates the highly secure exchange of presence and instant messaging (IM) information between Cisco Unified Communications and other applications.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Unified Presence technology has been integrated with Cisco Unified Communications Manager for Release 9.0 and later. All the features and capabilities of Cisco Unified Presence 8.6 are now part of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Get more information about Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 9.0 and the newly integrated IM and presence service.
With this integral component of the Cisco Unified Communications system, you can:
- Facilitate faster decision making and enhance productivity using presence awareness to view the availability of your colleagues and reduce communications delays.
- See the availability of partners and customers in other organizations and exchange instant messages with them.
- Simultaneously support Cisco Unified Communications and standards-based XMMP clients with this dual-protocol platform that natively supports both SIP/SIMPLE and XMMP on a single software appliance.
- Speed up your business processes and improve first-call resolution and customer satisfaction by providing availability information and communication capabilities in existing web and business applications.
- Meet business requirements with enhanced enterprise IM capabilities such as group chat, persistent chat, IM logging, IM history, and compliance.
For details about applications supported, availability, pricing and ordering, please contact your local Cisco account representative or channel account manager.
- Supporting Unified Presence
Learn more about Unified Presence APIs through the Cisco Developer Community.
- Cut Communications Costs
Procure Unified Presence with the easy and affordable Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing program.
- Improve Responsiveness; Save Money
A manufacturer gains cost-effective collaboration and improves distributor support. (PDF 248 KB)