Smart, Scalable, Cost-Effective Access Switches
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches are the next generation of the world's most widely deployed access switches, providing Layer 2 and Layer 3 access features. They are scalable to meet your growth needs, and smart with intelligent services.
Learn about the next generation Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches. (4:45 min)
Miercom proves Catalyst 2960-X Series outperforms HP 5120 switches.
Features and Capabilities
Designed for operational simplicity to lower TCO, this platform also offers superior security capabilities. The switches deliver best-in-class energy efficiency, while preserving your investments through mixed stacking with existing Catalyst 2960-S and SF switches.
Scalable and Resilient
- Allows stacking of up to 8 switches and 80 Gbps bandwidth with the optional Cisco FlexStack+ module
- Provides PoE and PoE+ support with up to 740 W of power (without an external power source)
- Offers control plane redundancy across the switches in the stack
- Provides redundant power supply for power resiliency
- Built with true stacking -- enables cross-stack QoS and cross-stack high availability
- Built for network programmability -- is ready for onePK and software-defined networking
- Built for application visibility and control -- NetFlow Lite prioritizes business applications
- Built for Cisco Unified Access -- offers one policy and centralized management
- Automates software installation for zero-touch deployment with Smart Install
- Automatically configures ports based on device type for rapid deployment with Auto Smart Ports
- Offers proactive diagnostics and remediation of hardware and software issues with Smart Call Home
- Uses standards-based 802.1X for port-based network access control
- Helps enable scalable and dynamic role-based access control with Cisco TrustSec
- Protects against IPv6 address theft and malicious attacks with IPv6 First Hop Security
- Saves energy during off-hours with Cisco EnergyWise
- Downlink hibernation mode puts the downlinks to sleep when not in use
- Switch hibernation mode puts the switch to sleep, consuming less than 10 watts
- Helps enable dynamic power savings on all switch ports with Energy Efficient Ethernet
Protect Your Investment
- Can be stacked with Catalyst 2960-S and 2960-SF switches
- Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty with next-business-day hardware replacement (where available)
Specifications at a Glance
|Total 10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports||24 or 48|
|Uplinks||2x10 GE (SFP+) or 4x1 GE (SFP) options|
|FlexStack+||Optional on all LAN Base AND IP-Lite models|
|PoE/PoE+ Power Available||370W or 740W|
See how Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches save more energy than previous versions. (3:14 min)
Need Wireless in Your Branch Office?
The Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series simplifies network operations by converging wired and wireless access on a single platform. It provides a consistent experience across wired and wireless systems, including granular quality-of-service (QoS) and session-aware networking. It also provides higher resiliency through hot-swap, redundant power supplies, and fans.