Ready to Replace an Old Switch?
Consider the newer model Catalyst 2960-X Series Switch which offers more intelligent features, higher performance, and at a similar price. Compare.
Or if you would like converged wired and wireless access to support BYOD and mobility, consider the Catalyst 3650 Series Switch. Compare.
- Free Service! Check to see if you have obsolete or end-of-support equipment through free Cisco Active Advisor.
- Trade-in your old switch and save!
Deliver Efficient Network Connectivity
Provide efficient and cost-effective network connectivity for branch offices or small and medium-sized businesses. These secure entry-level enterprise-class Fast Ethernet switches support basic Cisco Borderless Networks services.
Video Data Sheet
Learn about the next generation Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches. (4:45 min)Watch Video
Access Switches Just Got Better
The new Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches joins the access switch family.(03:44 min)Watch Video
Features and Capabilities
Easy to use and upgrade, these fixed configuration Fast Ethernet access switches offer superior Layer 2 threat defense capabilities and basic Layer 3 static routing with 16 routes. They also offer:
- 2x1GE uplink
- 24, and 48 Fast Ethernet port configurations
- Advanced QoS, rate-limiting, Access Control Lists (ACLs), IPv6 management, and multicast services
- IEEE 802.3af PoE with up to 15.4W per port for up to 48 ports
Simple to Configure, Operate, and Manage
- A wide range of software features to make business operations easy, highly secure, and sustainable, and help deliver a borderless networking experience
- Cisco Smart Install to simplify deployment
- Cisco Auto SmartPorts to automate device configuration
Better Investment Protection and Savings
- Cisco EnergyWise technology to promote energy savings
- Lower total ownership costs for enterprise, midmarket, and branch office networks with competitive connectivity options, security, and QoS capabilities
- Limited lifetime hardware warranty
Specifications at a Glance
|Total 10/100Ethernet Ports||24 or 48|
|Uplinks||2x1GE uplink (SFP or 1000BASE-T)|
|FlexStack Data Stacking||No|
|Available PoE Power||Up to 15.4W per port|