Revised: May 4, 2015
We prepared this material with specific expectations of you.
You will administer Cisco DMS.
You have already installed at least the license key to activate one Cisco DMS software feature module.
The dashboard for DMS-Admin centralizes many features for system monitoring and log collection. When problems of any kind interfere with the data-collection processes that populate its gauges, they show question marks in addition to the best available data. In this case, check that your systems and network are configured and working correctly.
These are the dashboard gauges.
The Failover Cluster gauge monitors your use, if any, of failover.
Note Sometimes, a monitoring gauge might leave out a value that you expect it to show. When this occurs, we mark any missing values with a placeholder symbol () to indicate which values we could not show.
Tip Until you install at least one license key, the DMS-Admin dashboard cannot retrieve data to populate its gauges.
Understand the Alerts Gauge
This gauge shows the total count of notification messages delivered in the past 1 hour.
Timesaver Click View Alerts to open the Alerts page.
Understand the System Information Gauge
The System Information gauge:
- Tells you the installed release version of your DMM server software.
- Tells you the serial number of your DMM appliance.
- Measures free space and used space for the content partition on your DMM appliance hard drive.
Understand the Status Gauge
Tip Refresh your browser to update the data that this gauge shows.
Have you set up the hardware and activated the separately licensed software features for DMM server failover and your inventory of DMPs?
If so, this gauge summarizes their current state in two summaries, side-by-side.
Digital Media Players
- Counts the total number of registered DMPs.
- Specifies how many DMPs were reachable or unreachable when this gauge loaded in your browser.
- Indicates the status of Cisco DMM appliances in your failover cluster.
• View All DMPs and DMP Groups to open the DMP Manager page.
• View Failover Status to open the Failover Configuration page.
Understand the Licensed Features Gauge
This gauge lists software feature module licenses that are installed on your DMM appliance and describes constraints that your licenses impose.
Understand the Users Logged In Gauge
This gauge counts how many users were logged in to your Cisco DMM appliance over the past 1 hour.
Timesaver Click View All Users to open the Users page.
View Dashboard Gauges
Before You Begin
Step 1 Click Administration.
Step 2 Click the Dashboard tab.
Step 3 Stop. You have completed this procedure.