Thanks to the widespread adoption of mobile devices, government agencies can now empower their teams with the latest in voice and real-time video and information sharing technologies. This singular trend is helping governments improve response times, increase information sharing, and create better outcomes for employees and citizens alike.
However, providing proven and reliable collaboration tools with advanced levels of security required by the U.S. government can be a challenge. Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM) Cloud for Government unites Cisco’s industry leading collaboration services (voice, video, instant messaging, presence, mobility, and conferencing) from the Cisco cloud, with built-in U.S. government-level security to give agencies the power to collaborate securely with anyone, anywhere.
With Cisco UCM Cloud for Government, your team benefits from a “one service, one experience for everyone” solution that is Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) authorized to better protect your agency’s data and privacy.
Empowers your agency with:
● A FedRAMP-authorized collaboration solution
● Simple, cloud-based service
● Voice, real-time video, and information sharing
● End-to-end encryption
Cisco UCM Cloud for Government: What is it?
Industry-leading collaboration tools Cisco UCM Cloud for Government provides secure, reliable cloud-based collaboration that scales as needs change. It empowers you with:
● Voice and video: Industry-leading calling based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM) enables a full set of telephony services, including voicemail and integrated messaging for IP phones, mobile phones, or desktop clients.
● Mobility: Use one number to dial, redirect and move calls between desktop and mobile phones. Increase employee productivity anywhere with Cisco Jabber unified communications client, providing access to all Cisco collaboration workloads, IM, presence, voice, video, voice messaging, desktop sharing, and conferencing.
● Instant messaging and presence: With Cisco Jabber, you can get the information you need faster and more efficiently by making your availability known to other team members. Plus, open an instant-messaging session, make a phone or video call, or start a Webex meeting from your mobile device with just one click.
● Conferencing: Use voice and real-time video to present, share, or collaborate anywhere, anytime on any authorized device. Webex Meetings, a FedRAMP-authorized Service, lets your team talk face-to-face across different geographies, reducing travel needs and empowering everyone with the same information, at the same time, for better decision making and outcomes. Make these meetings more engaging with High-Definition (HD) video, audio, and content sharing.
The simplicity of cloud
Cisco UCM Cloud for Government uses an as-a-service cloud approach that reduces complexity for your IT team and for users. With Cisco UCM Cloud for Government, you shift from a Capital Expenditures (CapEx) model to an Operating Expenses (OpEx) financial model by paying for what you need.
Cisco UCM Cloud for Government is delivered by proven partners certified to offer Cisco Powered™ cloud services.
How Cisco UCM Cloud for Government helps government
Cisco UCM Cloud for Government supports a broad portfolio of voice and video devices, from IP phones to mobile and desktop applications. This gives each user the right tools for their job; from administrators and thought leaders, to production and field personnel, and beyond. Cisco UCM Cloud for Government supports the following endpoints.
Table 1. Components
HOW IT HELPS YOUR AGENCY
Jabber is an application that provides presence, instant messaging, voice, HD video, voice messaging, desktop sharing, and conferencing from your Windows PC, Mac OS, iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
Webex creates more intelligent and versatile video-collaboration rooms. It includes Webex Room 55 and Webex Room 70 Kits and Webex Boards that are fully integrated systems you can deploy with on-premises or cloud solutions. You can also add a display to the Webex Room Kits to create additional arrangements.
This series combines an attractive, ergonomic design with always-on reliability, secure encrypted voice communications, and eco-friendly low-power consumption. Delivers advanced IP telephony features and crystal-clear, wideband audio performance to deliver easy-to-use, full-featured voice communications.
Ideal for a variety of workers and settings throughout your organization. This series delivers easy-to-use, highly secure, encrypted, high-quality wideband audio communications, with select models also supporting affordable entry to 720p HD video. Plus use Cisco Intelligent Proximity to integrate telephony features with personal mobile devices. 8821 and 8831 not supported.
The DX Series delivers quality collaboration with anyone, anywhere in the world. See and hear each other as if you’re in the same room. Simplify your workday and form real connections with co-workers, wherever they are. Provide your team C-level collaboration at an affordable price.
Build and scale differentiated video-conferencing rooms to meet the needs of your organization; from small huddle spaces to large, customized board rooms. Expand your capacity with the SX Series, a powerful and flexible platform designed for integrators.
Turn any conference room into a video collaboration hub by connecting teams, customers, and partners face to face at a moment’s notice. Two MX Series product lines—the MX700 and MX800 Series performance line and the MX300 and MX200 Series value line—give you great flexibility to deploy and scale video as your needs change.
With Cisco UCM Cloud for Government, agencies like yours can empower personnel to share more ideas; make smarter, more informed decisions; and provide better outcomes to citizens. And they can do so through the power of an efficient and secure mobile cloud-based service that adds value by:
● Enhancing the user experience: Deploy a complete suite of enterprise telephony solutions with advanced features and proven reliability that lets your team collaborate in the way that works best for them and from the device of their choice.
● Securing collaboration: Cisco UCM Cloud for Government gives you the security of a FedRAMP-authorized cloud data security service, backed by our industry-leading cybersecurity.
● Reducing complexity: Free your limited resources and personnel to focus on their strategic priorities and leave the maintenance and upgrades to us.
● Improving reliability: Reduce costs, improve efficiencies, and streamline workflows with the proven technology, built for government use that Cisco UCM Cloud for Government delivers.
Cisco UCM Cloud for Government is FedRAMP-authorized. FedRAMP provides a cost-effective, risk-based approach for the adoption and use of cloud services by U.S. government agencies.
FedRAMP processes are designed to assist federal government agencies in meeting Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements for cloud systems.
By standardizing on security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services, this program delivers costs savings, accelerated adoption, and increased confidence in security to U.S. government agencies that are adopting cloud technologies. To learn more about FedRAMP, visit fedramp.gov.
Cisco UCM Cloud for Government features our industry-leading security features, from continuous monitoring and end-to-end encryption to everything in between, so that your team and the devices they rely upon every day can be kept safe and secure.
● Dedicated deployments: Feel confident that sensitive data is securely contained in U.S. data centers which are accessible by U.S. citizens only. Separate deployments for each customer for added separation of agency data.
● End-to-end encryption: FIPS 140-2 validated cryptography for secure communications.
● Constantly monitored: Continuous scanning against a database of current global security vulnerabilities.
● Application-based policy enforcement and management: Configurations and user roles are set on the per-application level. Policies follow users as they roam networks. Customize, manage, and enforce usage features.
● Government-defined architecture and SLAs: The architecture based on FedRAMP security requirements. U.S. government-defined Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) are used resolving security events.
● Third-party reviews and audits upon FedRAMP authorization: Regularly audited by an independent FedRAMP third-party assessment organization. Monthly reviews of security stature with sponsoring agency.
An industry leader in the digital transformation of government.
As the global leader in IT, Cisco is uniquely positioned to lead the digital transformation of government agencies like yours. From collaboration and cloud, to network and cybersecurity, we are uniting the most innovative technologies for the benefit of governments and their citizens. We offer:
● Industry-leading collaboration: Built to meet stringent federal security requirements. Both Cisco UCM Cloud for Government and Webex Meetings are FedRAMP-authorized services.
● A broad selection of endpoints: For all types of users and use cases, including Cisco’s industry-leading voice and video endpoints, plus Cisco Jabber.
● Consistent reliability and security: With operations and applications, regardless of where they reside.
● A proven and trusted partner: With over 20 years of cloud services experience. Plus, we’ve sold more than 100 million phones and deliver more than 30 billion Webex meeting minutes every month.
To learn more about Cisco UCM Cloud for Government and our FedRAMP-Authorized services:
Please contact your Cisco representative.