Comprehensive Blade Server I/O Solutions
Cisco Blade Switches deliver blade server network services that extend from the blade server edge to clients at the network edge.
These purpose-built I/O solutions for Dell, FSC, HP, and IBM blade servers let you deploy a virtualized data center infrastructure. Among many other benefits, they can help you lower total cost of ownership as well as improve both end-user and IT productivity.
The Cisco Blade Switches family includes:
Advantages of Cisco Data Center Business Advantage solutions delivered through Cisco Blade Switches include:
Easy to operate and deploy
- Virtual blade switch technology reduces the number of switches to manage
- Management interface and troubleshooting tools are consistent with other Cisco Data Center Business Advantage products
- Simplified SAN switch management and scalable Fibre Channel deployment with N_port virtualization (NPV)
- Resilient LAN and SAN uplinks increase blade server and virtual machine availability
- Virtual machine portability and live migration do not compromise security policies
- Intelligent congestion management mechanisms optimize network bandwidth
- Virtual blade switch technology lets you configure network topology based on application needs
- Virtual machines stay connected to storage resources during live migration with Cisco FlexAttach
- Scalable LAN and SAN bandwidth as business needs grow
- Flexible options for configuration and management, such as a command-line interface and a GUI
- Technology Overview
The Cisco Blade Switch family is a flexible, smart server networking solution. (4:54 min)
- University Builds Scalable Data Center
University of Wyoming built a state-of-the-art data center using Cisco Blades technology.