Collaboration System Release Versions 11.6 and 10.6
Bring your extended or growing workforce together with a full array of integrated collaboration applications that come preloaded on a single modular platform. Built on the virtualized Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) platform, the Cisco® Business Edition 7000 (BE7000) is equipped with premium Cisco Collaboration applications for voice, video, mobility, messaging, conferencing, instant messaging and presence, and contact center. Turn them on as your collaboration needs increase and easily scale your users and devices by deploying additional BE7000 servers. The modular building block design of BE7000 is ideal for deployments from several hundred users to tens of thousands of users, providing plenty of room for future growth.
You can further extend the value of your BE7000 solution investment with Cisco Spark Hybrid Services which brings your existing assets and Cisco Spark capabilities together to provide even greater collaboration capabilities and more delightful end-user and administrator experiences in a combined deployment model that meets your exact needs.
Choice, Scale, and Simple Management
Have you reached the point where your voice system is maxed out? Or you need to connect multiple devices per user but you don’t have the capacity? Or your users talk about how hard it is to reach co-workers and work together productively? These conditions suggest you consider a collaboration solution. But perhaps you are unsure if you want to deploy a major new IT installation.
With Cisco BE7000 you can try a group of collaboration technologies with a subset of employees and then scale up quickly. Pay as you grow, rather than making a large initial outlay. Cisco BE7000 is optimized for enterprise-scale organizations with 1,000 to 5,000 users and 3,000 to 15,000 devices, but offers a great fit for smaller deployments where fast growth is expected. And by stacking additional servers, deployments larger than 5,000 users can be supported at any time.
The BE7000 solution is extremely versatile. Each system is preloaded with premium voice, video, mobility, messaging, conferencing, instant messaging and presence, and contact center applications. You can add others as you choose from a broad selection of Cisco DevNet third-party partner applications. Combine the wealth of applications and the building block design, and you have a solution designed to get your users collaborating quickly and easily. And one that’s quick and easy for you to install as well.
And you have a very wide choice of collaboration applications (refer to Figure 1). You can deploy the Cisco BE7000 for your large organization with 1,000 to 5,000 users with expanding collaboration needs. This versatile platform lets you easily add new applications as your needs change. Begin with full voice and IP telephony, and easily “turn on” video capabilities, contact center, support for third-party apps, and much more over time.
Figure 1. Cisco BE7000: Stackable and Easy to Deploy with Many Application Choices
Platform Model Options
Cisco BE7000 platforms are built on virtualized Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) products, which are designed for performance and density over a wide range of business workloads.
● BE7000H: This high-density model typically supports from 5 to 10 collaboration applications in deployments sized for 1,000 to 5,000 users, 3,000 to 15,000 devices, and multiple sites. For more capacity to support larger-size deployments, you can stack additional servers as required. And in smaller-size deployments with fewer than 1000 users, typically more applications can be supported per server.
● BE7000M: This medium-density model typically supports from 4 to 6 collaboration applications in deployments sized for 1,000 to 5,000 users, 3,000 to 15,000 devices, and multiple sites. For more capacity to support larger-size deployments, simply stack additional servers. And in smaller-size deployments with fewer than 1,000 users, typically more applications can be supported per server.
The enterprise-class Cisco UCS C240 M4 Rack-Mount Server Family packages advanced performance with energy efficiency of the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 product family in a 2-rack-unit (2RU) form factor. BE7000 platform models ship with a preinstalled virtualization hypervisor and preloaded software applications that are ready to deploy.
The BE7000 platforms typically host a selection of core applications as part of a comprehensive Cisco Collaboration solution.
● Cisco Unified Communications Manager is the call-processing engine of the Cisco Collaboration Architecture. It extends voice and video features to network devices such as IP phones, telepresence endpoints, media-processing devices, gateways, and multimedia applications. Cisco Unified Communications Manager is equipped for use with the instant messaging (IM) and presence services server. In addition, multimedia conferencing, collaborative contact centers, and interactive multimedia response systems are made possible through its open telephony APIs.
● Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service provides embedded standards-based, enterprise instant messaging and network-based presence as part of Cisco Unified Communications. IM and Presence Service is secure, scalable, easy-to-manage, and rich in features. It’s tightly integrated with Cisco Jabber® desktop and mobile instant messaging and presence clients, and the Cisco Jabber Software Development Kit (SDK). Collaboration clients such as the Cisco Jabber platform use products from the Cisco Collaboration portfolio to perform many functions such as instant messaging, presence, click-to-call, phone control, voice, video, visual voicemail, and web collaboration.
● Cisco Unity® Connection integrates voice-messaging and voice-recognition functions to provide continuous global access to calls and messages. Its advanced convergence-based communication services allow you to use natural-language voice commands to place calls or listen to messages in hands-free mode and to check voice messages from your desktop, either from your email inbox or using a web browser. It also provides robust Automated-Attendant functions, including intelligent routing for incoming calls and easily customizable call-screening and message-notification options.
● Cisco Prime® Collaboration Provisioning provides an automated process for initial deployments and for “day-2” moves, adds, changes, and deletions. An intuitive user interface provides a single view of a subscriber and the subscriber's services. Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning significantly accelerates site rollouts and dramatically reduces the time required for ongoing changes. The result? Exceptional productivity gains and lower operating expenses. In addition, Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning simplifies the tasks, allowing organizations to optimize IT resources and further reduce total cost of ownership.
● Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment is an application that is designed to assist in the management of unified communications applications. It allows you to perform tasks such as migration of older software versions to new virtual machines, fresh installs, and upgrades of existing applications.
● Cisco Licensing (including Cisco Prime Licensing Manager) makes usage and reporting simple. It provides a centralized, at-a-glance view of compliance and allows for redistribution of licensing among supported products. User licensing, based on user profiles, aligns with Cisco User Connect Licenses (UCL) and Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) purchasing models.
Additional Collaboration Options
To complement the core unified communications applications detailed previously, you can also deploy the following collaboration applications with the BE7000H and BE7000M platform models:
● Cisco TelePresence® Server helps make video pervasive for all users from browser to boardroom. It supports multiparty high-definition (HD) video conferencing capabilities as a co-resident application. Flexible licensing options allow you to deploy conferencing in the way that best suits your needs. Cisco TelePresence Server can be licensed in conjunction with Cisco TelePresence Conductor on a per-user basis for high-quality small-group ad-hoc and MeetMe conferencing, with Cisco Unified Workspace Professional Licensing, Personal Multiparty Conferencing, or on a concurrent call (screen) basis.
● Cisco TelePresence Conductor simplifies and enhances conference resource management, making conferences easy to join and administer. It uses knowledge of all available video conferencing resources and their capabilities to help ensure dynamic, intelligent conference placement and optimum resource usage.
● Cisco TelePresence Management Suite offers flexible scheduling capabilities for video meetings, including the ability to integrate with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office 365. It also works alongside Cisco TelePresence Conductor to enable user self-service personalization of individual conferencing environments (Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms).
● Cisco Expressway™ is an advanced gateway that helps make collaboration as simple, secure, and effective outside the organization as it is inside. Expressway provides remote access to mobile users and teleworkers, without the need for a separate VPN client. It supports business-to-business and business-to-consumer collaboration, and video interoperability with third-party standards-based systems. Expressway also enables seamless hybrid collaboration experiences, connecting on-premises unified communications assets to Cisco Spark and Cisco WebEx® cloud services.
● Cisco Unified Contact Center Express provides high-quality call center capabilities, including agent-based services as well as fully integrated self-service applications, sophisticated and distributed automatic call distributor (ACD), interactive voice response (IVR), customer voice portal (CVP), and computer telephony integration (CTI).
● Cisco Unified Attendant Consoles provide the human attendant console operator with the tools to quickly accept and effectively dispatch incoming calls to individuals across the organization.
● Cisco WebEx® Web Conferencing accelerates business results by making your web meetings more productive. This people-centric cloud-based collaboration solution can enable team members to share information easily through any computer or mobile device. WebEx® Meetings allows people to attend meetings any time, from anywhere, inside and outside corporate firewalls.
● Cisco Emergency Responder helps assure that Cisco Unified Communications Manager sends emergency calls to the appropriate United States Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the caller's location, and that the PSAP can identify the caller's location and return the call if necessary. The system automatically tracks and updates equipment moves and changes, helping ensure better compliance with legal or regulatory obligations and reducing the risk of liability related to emergency calls as a result.
● Cisco Paging Server provides paging capabilities for all users. It supports basic and advanced paging features. Basic paging features require no license and allow point-to-point or group audio paging between groups of up to 50 Cisco IP Phones. An advanced paging license allows unlimited paging groups. It also makes possible other advanced functions, including paging to overhead analog and IP speakers, bell scheduling, prioritizing emergency notifications with the call-barge option, prerecorded and text-only pages, integration with social media sites for notification, email and Short Message Service (SMS) mass notification and all-number monitoring, Emergency Services alerting, and integration with Jabber clients.
In addition, when used with a Cisco UC Virtualization Foundation license, BE7000H and BE7000M platform models support co-residency of approved third-party collaboration applications as described in the Co-residency Policy. Virtualization Foundation licenses may be replaced with a higher-tier feature edition to host any application if required.
Solution Specifications: System Capacity
Table 1 lists typical system capacities that BE7000 platform models support (actual capacities will vary by model type and deployment specifics). For detailed design guidance and deployment models, please refer to the Solutions Reference Network Design (SRND) guides and Preferred Architecture for Enterprise Collaboration, the virtualization docwiki pages, and the Collaboration Virtual Machine Placement Tool.
Table 1. Cisco BE7000H and BE7000M Models System Capacity
No enforced limit;
Scales using modular, building-block approach; stack additional server models to increase whole system capacity
Number of devices supported
No enforced limit; stack additional server models to increase whole system capacity
Maximum number of co-resident applications
No enforced limit; Typical deployments consist of two to four physical server models:
● BE7000H model: Typically supports a range of 5 to 10 applications per server (will vary by deployment specifics)
● BE7000M model: Typically supports a range of 4 to 6 applications per server (will vary by deployment specifics)
To order any BE7000 platform model, simply purchase the required number of servers (using the part number[s] in Table 2), select a virtualization software license from Cisco or chose to bring your own, and add application licensing to enable the required mix of features and number of users (for example, User Connect Licensing [UCL] or Unified Workspace Licensing [UWL], sold separately from the BE7000 server model part number). Cisco channel partners and resellers can refer to the Cisco Business Edition 7000 Ordering Guide for further information.
To place an order, contact your local Cisco representative or visit Cisco.com to Order Direct from Cisco or Locate a Partner. Search on “Advanced Collaboration Architecture Specialization (ACAS)”, “Advanced Unified Communications (AUC)” or “Advanced Technology Partner (ATP)” to find a certified unified communications partner in your local area.
Table 2. Ordering Cisco Business Edition 7000 Platform Models
Cisco Business Edition 7000H Svr (M4), Export Restricted SW
Cisco Business Edition 7000H Svr (M4), Export Unrestricted SW
Cisco Business Edition 7000M Svr (M4), Export Restricted SW
Cisco Business Edition 7000M Svr (M4), Export Unrestricted SW
Cisco Unified Communications Services help you accelerate cost savings and productivity gains associated with deploying Cisco Unified Communications in your network. Delivered by Cisco and our certified partners, our portfolio of deployment and technical support services is based on proven methodologies for unifying voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks.
Our unique lifecycle approach to these services can help you provide your users with powerful new ways to collaborate with co-workers, partners, and customers across any workspace to accelerate business advantage.
To learn more, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/ucservices.
Financing to Help You Achieve Your Objectives
Cisco Capital can help you acquire the technology you need to achieve your objectives and stay competitive. We can help you reduce CapEx. Accelerate your growth. Optimize your investment dollars and ROI. Cisco Capital financing gives you flexibility in acquiring hardware, software, services, and complementary third-party equipment. And there’s just one predictable payment. Cisco Capital is available in more than 100 countries. Learn more.
For More Information
To learn more about Cisco Business Edition 7000 Solutions, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/be7000.
To learn more about designing virtualized solutions, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/uc-virtualized and http://www.cisco.com/go/vmpt.
To learn more about resources for Cisco channel partners, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/bepartner.