Video surveillance is becoming tightly woven into the fabric of the IP network. The network is proving to be the platform for connecting physical security systems of all types with other enterprise systems. Cisco® Video Surveillance Manager (VSM) has embraced this philosophy and provides tools to tightly integrate the surveillance system into your network.
Cisco VSM is a comprehensive system for your video surveillance needs. This system enables your network and security teams to collaborate effectively in a highly scalable environment combining both video and network techniques to optimize the experience. Empower your team with this highly secure, policy-based system to help ensure they maximize their productivity while managing thousands of cameras.
Cisco Video Surveillance Manager comprises several components that combine to create a flexible, highly scalable system for the enterprise.
Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager
Quickly and effectively configure and manage video throughout your enterprise with the Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager (Figure 1). It provides a highly secure web portal to configure, manage, display, and control video in an IP network, and allows you to easily manage a large number of security assets and users, including media servers, cameras, encoders, and event sources.
Figure 1. Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager
Working in conjunction with the Cisco Video Surveillance Media Server, Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager meets the diverse needs of administrators, systems integrators, and operators by providing:
● Highly scalable platform with up to 10,000 cameras in a single operations manager and more than a million cameras in a federated system
● High Availability of the system provides administrative and operator access at all times
● Open Platform with support to third party cameras and standards like ONVIF
● Simple, easy-to-use operator and administrative interfaces
● Management of Cisco camera applications and licenses for easy deployment and redeployment
● Comprehensive advance scheduling capability for recording policy
● Advanced map system with ability to position cameras and sensors by GIS coordinates with real-time status
● Flexible user configuration with full integration into Lightweight Directory Access Protocol/Active Directory (LDAP/AD) to minimize administrative overhead
● Highly secure APIs for integration with third-party analytics to record and index analytics metadata with video
● Integration with webex teams to send health and security alerts to webex teams
● Integration with 3rd party sensors with ability to correlate sensor events with VSM actions
● Flexible Software Development Kit (SDK) for integration with additional enterprise or security system components
● Extensive health reporting including inline status indications
● Detailed system audit
Cisco Video Surveillance Media Server
Cisco Video Surveillance Media Server, a core component of the Cisco Video Surveillance Manager, performs the following networked video surveillance system functions:
● Distributed processing of all video, audio, and event information
● N+1 redundancy at a camera-by-camera level
● Collection and routing of video from a wide range of cameras and encoders over an IP network
● Recording at the edge and recording management through automerge or user-initiated synchronization
● Highly secure local, remote, and redundant video archive capabilities
● Event tagging for review and archival purposes
● Bandwidth management for both live distribution and historical recording
By using the power and advanced capabilities of IP networks, Cisco Video Surveillance Media Server software allows applications, users, cameras, and storage to be added over time. As a result, the software provides unparalleled video surveillance system flexibility and scalability to support:
● Deployments that range from small systems to those with thousands of cameras
● Optimization of bandwidth and compute resources through Dynamic Proxy
● Hundreds of simultaneous users accessing live and recorded video
● Support of standard video codecs such as Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, H265, and H.264 simultaneously in a single media server
● Conservation of storage using events, clipping, record-on-motion, and loop-based archival options
● Flexible deployment options ranging from modules within the Cisco Integrated Services Routers, a dedicated 1- or 2-rack-unit (1RU or 2RU, respectively) server, Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) C-Series Rack Servers, and Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers
You can upgrade your investment to include new features, address your evolving requirements, and support a diverse range of deployment scenarios.
Cisco Video Surveillance Safety and Security Desktop
Cisco Video Surveillance Safety and Security Desktop (Cisco SASD) is a suite of applications that allow Cisco Video Surveillance operators to:
● Monitor live or play back recorded video in single- or multipane view based on camera location or name
● Monitor, react, and manage alerts and events in association with cameras
● Locate cameras on GIS map and view a live stream or play back recorded video
● Create video walls to display predefined set of views on multiple workstations
● Use forensics analysis tools, such as thumbnail search or event analysis, to find and view recorded video
● Place SIP calls directly from SASD to any SIP enabled IP camera in the system
Cisco Video Surveillance Manager Express
Cisco Video Surveillance Manager Express is designed for small, distributed deployments that require a media server and operations manager at each site for fully independent operations. VSM Express allows these smaller distributed deployments to take advantage of the full feature set of VSM but at lower costs. VSM Express bundles a single operations manager, a single media server, and a single Cisco SASD license to support up to 32 cameras. VSM Express can be upgraded to a full VSM system to support up to 10,000 cameras. VSM Express Operations Manager systems can also be federated to allow for centralized monitoring from a single pane of glass.
Table 1 lists the platforms that the Cisco Video Surveillance Manager 7 supports.
Table 1. Cisco Video Surveillance Manager 7 Supported Platforms
Table 2 lists the part numbers for the Cisco Video Surveillance Manager 7.
Table 2. Ordering Information
License for One Media Server
License for One Operations Manager
eDelivery License for One Media Server
eDelivery License for One Operations Manager
eDelivery License for 1 Safety and Security Desktop with VSM7
eDelivery License for 1 Camera Connection with VSM7
eDelivery License for one Media Server on B-Series
eDelivery License for one Media Server on C-Series
eDelivery License for one Media Server on E-Series
eDelivery License for one Operations Manager on B-Series
eDelivery License for one Operations Manager on C-Series
eDelivery License for one Operations Manager on E-Series
eDelivery License for Video Surveillance Manager Express limited to 32 cameras
eDelivery License to upgrade from VSM Express to VSM
eDelivery License for base Federator, purchased for each Federator installed
eDelivery License for one VSOM in Federator
eDelivery License for one VSOM Express in Federator
Services and Support
Cisco and our certified partners can help you accelerate success and improve your return on investment in a Cisco Physical Security solution. The Cisco lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the solution lifecycle:
● Reduce deployment costs by identifying the features that will best meet your business requirements
● Accelerate migration by assessing the readiness of your network to support the system and by developing a sound design
● Support smooth implementation through effective planning and expert installation, configuration, and integration
● Increase operational efficiency and extend the value of your investment with award-winning technical support
For more information about Cisco services, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/services.
Flexible payment solutions to help you achieve your objectives.
Cisco Capital makes it easier to get the right technology to achieve your objectives, enable business transformation and help you stay competitive. We can help you reduce the total cost of ownership, conserve capital, and accelerate growth. In more than 100 countries, our flexible payment solutions can help you acquire hardware, software, services and complementary third-party equipment in easy, predictable payments. Learn more.
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco Video Surveillance platforms, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/physec or contact your local Cisco account representative.